CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wood Trim

I was thinking about the difference in the SLS and STS (98-up) on the four doors. I would like to add the wood on the doors of my SLS. Is it possible to order the wood from the STS doors and install it on the SLS? I fear that the wood trim may actually be a part of the door panels. Anyone ever looked into it?

Charles

Charles

I was thinking about the difference in the SLS and STS (98-up) on the four doors. I would like to add the wood on the doors of my SLS. Is it possible to order the wood from the STS doors and install it on the SLS? I fear that the wood trim may actually be a part of the door panels. Anyone ever looked into it?

Charles

YES,

I took have thought about this and I did put some in a 2004 Honda Accord. Make sure you order extra adhesive enhancement by 3m in the spray can type. Also this is the biggest thing I can tell you from my experince is that you dont want to have use anything to oil up the dash for a shine! you'll have to clean the dash for this with an rubbing alcohol or sometime of related agent to remove any oils which will not allow the wood product to set up and glue its self so to speak. Theres kits all over the internet including Ebay.

IF theres anything else I can do to help let me know ! Also you might consider some chrome pilliar pieces on the doors :)

Michael-

Hmmm the wood wasnt really different from the SLS to the STS unless your talking about the wood steering wheel or the gear shift knob. I had to look at this again , Sorry !

post-3268-1146690840_thumb.jpg

I retro fitted the STS wood door panel inserts into my SLS. I also added the wood and leather steering wheel, and the wood shifter. The door inserts, are removeable. I was patient, and kept an eye out on Ebay, and got all four inserts for $125.00. To install, you need to remove the door panel, remove 4 nuts, and a few washer type fasteners. It is rather simple, but the washer type fasteners, are a pain. I had to use small needlenose pliers to get them off.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

That is what I was looking for, Don...thanks! Michael, thank you for your reply as well, but I'm not looking for an aftermarket dash kit, just the long pieces on the STS door panels. Don, If they cost you $125 on eBay, they must be ridiculous at the dealer. Did you buy the whole door panels on eBay?

Charles

Charles

That is what I was looking for, Don...thanks! Michael, thank you for your reply as well, but I'm not looking for an aftermarket dash kit, just the long pieces on the STS door panels. Don, If they cost you $125 on eBay, they must be ridiculous at the dealer. Did you buy the whole door panels on eBay?

Charles

I bought two complete door panels (they were the wrong color) for $50.00. The other two pieces I bought from a seller, who was willing to remove them from the door panels. They cost me $75.00. It is my understanding that new pieces from GM, cost about $85-$90 per door. That includes the front and rear section. Since the front sections are already wood, I opted to find a cheaper way of doing it. I also picked up the steering wheel, it was brandy new, for $60.00, and the shift handle, also new, for $70.00. So I spent a total of about $300.00 for all the pieces. It took me several months to get it all, as there are always higher priced pieces on Ebay. Patience paid off in the end.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

Archived