CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replace Starter?

I dropped my starter on the 95 deville (not northstar) and i can't get it out from under the exhaust manifolds or headers. Do i need to drop the exhaust manifold? or is there a way to get it out?

please e-mail me at nolanjoe1@gmail.com if you have an answer. I don't check this website too frequently.

I dropped my starter on the 95 deville (not northstar) and i can't get it out from under the exhaust manifolds or headers. Do i need to drop the exhaust manifold? or is there a way to get it out?

please e-mail me at nolanjoe1@gmail.com if you have an answer. I don't check this website too frequently.

No, you do not need to remove the intake manifold. Push the "nose' of the starter up, and pull the "bottom" down. It is the only way to get it out.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

No, you do not need to remove the intake manifold. Push the "nose' of the starter up, and pull the "bottom" down. It is the only way to get it out.

EDIT: sure, I referred to exhaust manifold not intake one. lol

I mean this is the best possible way . . . . you *need* to visit this website more frequently. :rolleyes::D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I mean this is the best possible way . . . . you *need* to visit this website more frequently. :rolleyes::D

Regards,

Warren

I hope he will visit this site more frequently after he learned how to remove the starter. :) I emailed him as well.

I hope he will visit this site more frequently after he learned how to remove the starter. :) I emailed him as well.

Well, I don't think the evidence points in a hopeful direction. He made it clear he doesn't want to be part of the community, but nevertheless wants to be notified, in a very special personal fashion, of any info that relates to just him.

It was probably wrong of me, in retrospect, to suggest he spend more time here.

Apologies,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived