CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bad Hesatation (Plugs?)

woody

I did ask the dealer about the missing and there was a silent moment. I then asked how much to replace. The answer I got was 4 hours and $650....

Woody B)

Here is another rip-off artist "dealer" that deserves to be identified to protect the motoring public and honest shops.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hello Caddy members

Well the verdict is in. I got my parts in 3 days from Rock Auto. Went to my friends house Saturday morning planning on a long one. But to my surprise we started at 10:00am and by 11:05 my seamist green STS was full of life once again. I did remove the coil pack to make things easier and I had no problems with the removal or installation of the plugs or wires. So I guess I saved a few bucks not taking it to the Dealer. I have included a picture of how bad they really were. I did gap the new ones to.060 as stated on the engine tag. I did see a bit of smoke after the tires stopped spinning :lol: I am very happy to say the least. I want to thank all of you again for the input and responses.

Good Job, now think about the dealer charging that much to do the job, how stupid are they? When I was a kid, the local caddy dealer had an apprentice level mechanic that did this type of light work...

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Hello Caddy members

Well the verdict is in. I got my parts in 3 days from Rock Auto. Went to my friends house Saturday morning planning on a long one. But to my surprise we started at 10:00am and by 11:05 my seamist green STS was full of life once again. I did remove the coil pack to make things easier and I had no problems with the removal or installation of the plugs or wires. So I guess I saved a few bucks not taking it to the Dealer. I have included a picture of how bad they really were. I did gap the new ones to.060 as stated on the engine tag. I did see a bit of smoke after the tires stopped spinning :lol: I am very happy to say the least. I want to thank all of you again for the input and responses.

Good Job, now think about the dealer charging that much to do the job, how stupid are they? When I was a kid, the local caddy dealer had an apprentice level mechanic that did this type of light work...

How canI get the plug picture posted?

Hello Caddy members

How canI get the plug picture posted?

Do you have PhotoShop? Press F2, resize the pictures (make smaller), reduce the resolution, save as JPEG. It should be less than 64k.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Here are the plugs :(

They look slightly aged ! Wonder how long they have been in there ?

Michael :(

Its not a wonder you were having issues they look just aweful. I almost wonder if they could be the orignal plugs....

Archived