CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ruby's Vibrator

Ranger

I watched him do it. He remounted each tire but could only get the forces down to 18, 32, 23 & 11. I talked to him this morning and he said that the remaining (very minor) vibration may be due to the feathering and should smooth out more as the feathering wears even in a thousand miles or so. Dealer wanted $120 to RFB dry.gif

If those figures are in pounds, the vibrations you are getting are from #2, at 32 lbs. After the road force balance, my tires were at 2, 8, 11, 22. He said the 22 lbs. tire will likely vibrate, and it did. Once Sears replaced it, it rode smooth. I didn't get the RFB re-done on that one tire because it rides smooth now.

I've heard here from folks that you can generally feel anything more than 20 lbs. of force.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree but since the tires have 14K on them and were not properly maintained (as evidenced by the low pressures and feathering), I guess I have to live with it and hope they wear in again. Still it is 100% better than it was before.

I just got off the phone with the selling dealer (Progressive Cadillac, Masillon Ohio). After explaining the problem they said just send us the bills for both the spin balance ($40) and the RFB ($40) and they would "make it right" and cut me a check. I am surprised and impressed. I thought they deserved an at-a-boy.

You're welcome.

Actually if you look at page one I recall Scotty saying,

"A few things come to mind for me, 1) tire balance, 2) tire out of balance on the tread edge requiring a road force balance, 3) an out of round tire (oval) which may require replacement (not likely unless its slight as you can get up to 60 before vibration), 4) runout of the hub or wheel assembly determined with a dial indicator http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Disp...temnumber=93051 or 5) bent wheel which to me is hardest to determine unless you substitute a good wheel, 6) a bad tire with a defective belt."

And then further down page 1 you'll notice that Jason says,

"I would join with Scotty to recommend a road force balance, if the dealer can't help you. My local Cadillac dealer actually does have a Hunter GSP9700 machine, perhaps yours does as well."

Just pointing out who should actually be taking a bow. dry.gif

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Hmmm... Maybe it's my delivery. (Actually, upon further review, my first post didn't get posted after all.)

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Scotty,

That was great info!

On another point, it seems if you properly name a thread, it will enjoy a long life! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Scotty,

That was great info!

On another point, it seems if you properly name a thread, it will enjoy a long life!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Regards,

Warren

Until the D batteries go dead! laugh.gif

Scotty,

Does your family read this stuff?

Do they have the *password*?

Regards,

Warren biggrin.gif j/k

Hope the family is well . . . .

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Ya know, SOME threads simply deserve to continue. In that spirit I offer: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...MNGEA3O52I1.DTL

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived