CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fall Weather

Cupillac

Those trees are beautiful, Scotty. Here in New Jersey the trees went from green to dead. No change of colors.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful fall setting, Scotty.

Now, if we can only get you to upgrade from a 1 megapixel camera, we'll be in business! biggrin.gif

Thanks Ted, actually its a 3.2, but I dropped it on concrete from about 6 feet and its never been the same when I zoom in.... OUCH... Thanks

Those trees are beautiful, Scotty.  Here in New Jersey the trees went from green to dead.  No change of colors.

Thanks Marika, there are a few trees in the neighborhood that are outstanding, I remembered that red tree from last year and drove by it today.... it is beautuful, I am going back tomorrow with my Nikon 8008s, Thanks

PS those shots were under exposed one stop..

It's not about megapixels. Perhaps the camera moved. Looks like Scotty asked someone to take the picture.

It looks better smaller Adallak, since I dropped the camera, when I zoom in on anything, it becomes blury, I am sure I messed up the lens, Thanks it looks much better small...

Its also possible that when I edited the photo the size I showed about highlighted the out of focusness.... (if thats a word...) Thanks

.... I am going back tomorrow with my Nikon 8008s, Thanks

Haaaaa. Now is a good time for you to buy a D70s body. In fact buy two; one for you and and one for me!

I will give up my 8008 when someone pries it from from my cold dead hands.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Haaaaa. Now is a good time for you to buy a D70s body. In fact buy two; one for you and and one for me!

Oh yea, the 8008 is a beauty you and I have something in common, I LOVE IT! I have been eyeing the D70s...... and plan to use my existing lens but there is a 1.5 conversion factor whereas 200mm becomes 300mm, which is ok with me.... Santa is coming Jim!

Here is the body only

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...oughType=search

I can wait until December 26 or January 2.

Or until Nikon catches up with Canon (8 Mpixel images).

How about the D200.....10.2 megapixel

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1...productNr=25235

Body only (metering performed by 1,005-segment RGB sensor rolleyes.gif ):

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/Product.as...ist=&Sku=NKD200

$1,700 WOW

Oh yea, the 8008 is a beauty you and I have something in common, I LOVE IT! I have been eyeing the D70s...... and plan to use my existing lens but there is a 1.5 conversion factor whereas 200mm becomes 300mm, which is ok with me.... Santa is coming Jim!

Here is the body only

a friend of mine in England just bought the Fuji S3 Pro. Takes awesome pics and it takes Nikon lenses.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

. . . . a friend of mine in England just bought the Fuji S3 Pro. Takes awesome pics and it takes Nikon lenses.

Bless you dedicated folk with them there picturesnatchers. I'm only JUST beginning to understand my old 2.0 Megapixel thing is likely history (it was top-o-the-line when I bought it a short time ago). It was Gen 3 for me, digitalwise, after two previous digital cameras.

Guess my old 127 Brownie isn't even the keepsake I thought it might be.

Keep the photos comming!

Regards,

Warren biggrin.gif

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

. . . .  a friend of mine in England just bought the Fuji S3 Pro.  Takes awesome pics and it takes Nikon lenses.

Bless you dedicated folk with them there picturesnatchers. I'm only JUST beginning to understand my old 2.0 Megapixel thing is likely history (it was top-o-the-line when I bought it a short time ago). It was Gen 3 for me, digitalwise, after two previous digital cameras.

Guess my old 127 Brownie isn't even the keepsake I thought it might be.

Keep the photos comming!

Regards,

Warren biggrin.gif

I have an old Roleicord Vb that takes better pics than any of these new digitals and certainly blows away 35mm with it's 2 1/4 inch square negative. laugh.gif

The colors are changing on Motor Parkway . . . . even if I wasn't motoring. biggrin.gif

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/MotorPKWY.jpg (183KB)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I have an old Roleicord Vb that takes better pics than any of these new digitals and certainly blows away 35mm with it's 2 1/4 inch square negative. laugh.gif

Nice cameras in their day but if I had to blow a photo into a 50'x20' banner I think I would take any high end digital over it. Take a standard 8.0mp digital camera photo taken on highest resolution. Now convert that file into a .bmp or .png... that's going to be a monster size photo file. Then try a head to head comparison with both photos having the same physical dimensions. Not much of a comparison.

Nice photo Warren. Have I mentioned how sharp that eldo looks? lol

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Nice photo Warren. Have I mentioned how sharp that eldo looks? lol

Not since All Saints Day (Nov. 1st) at 4:58pm.

But Baby can always use reinforcement! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Warren is that Motor Parkway near the Hyatt Windwatch? or south of the LIE?  Mike

Mike,

South of the L.I.E. maybe 6-8 blocks west of Hawthorne Avenue. Baby is facing east, cleverly concealing some roadside trash (Budweiser, if I recall).

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Driving along a nice country road in my neighborhood today, I came across these beautiful maples in an old barnyard. Thought of this thread, so I had to stop and snap a picture of Elvira (new name for the Riviera!) cool.gif I love WI during this time of year, the colors are fading fast but it smells so wonderful!

post-3-1131510423_thumb.jpg

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Great fall pic, Spruce ... these last days of fall will soon be lost.

Elvira is one classy drive .... the black paint and polished chrome is a winning combo!

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Thanks Ted! smile.gif

I really enjoyed having the day off for my birthday and washing her up and going for a drive. Met my wife for lunch, and she said "Wow, you have one nice looking car!" wink.gif There are a few things I still liked better with my Eldo, but I'm enjoying the new ride for sure...

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived