CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 deville turn single flasher

93devilleco

After hunting for turn single flasher unit (hazards work fine), I can not fine it. Found and received lots of adive so far but still can not find the turn single flasher unit, but I can find the hazard with no problem. That I found so far, any help would be appreciated. I do have an appointment with the mechanic on Friday, but he thinks he needs to remove the dash. HELP

Looking for 93 Deville but procedure for a 1997 Cadillac Seville.

Remove the two screws holding the plastic cover just above the pedals - Remove the steel plate (4 screws) just above the plastic cover. - By un-snapping (pulling down) remove the middle cover just under the steering wheel. This is the cover you see when you are in the car. Don't bother with the white plastic strap holding everything together at the steering wheel, because from trial and error, the flasher is not there. After you removed the last cover (#4), look to the left (near your knee when driving). The flasher is mounted with a clip on a piece of steel. No special tools, just slide the whole assembly up and then there is enough wire length to bring it towards you to replace.

Also told:

Look directly below the steering column, where it enters the dash. There is a short 'filler plate'. One screw holds it in place. Remove that filler plate. The flashers are located up inside the dash at that point

Also Told:

The directional signal flasher and the hazard flasher are two separate units (I agree) On a '93 Eldo the signal flasher is up under the dash to the left of

the steering column. It is behind the plastic panel that is held on by two screws. Remove the panel and try to locate the flasher unit.

93devilleco,

found this information using the autozone parts locater located at:

autozone parts locator

You are right, the turn signal flasher and the hazard flasher are two seperate units, in my experience the turn signal flasher is a little black box, and the hazard flasher is usually round and metal or metal and glass.

FLASHER

On your 1993 CADILLAC DEVILLE, the FLASHER is:

FRONT SEATING AREA, DRIVER SIDE, UNDER DASH, MOUNTED ON SIDE OF FUSE PANEL

Matt B)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

Already tried looking all around the fuse box, above and to each side. The orgional information I received to where the flasher unit was from Auto Zone, this is where I bough the replacement unit, it was printed on the sales ticket. I even had the salesperson take a look, they could not find it. So far, myself, AutoZone, Checker, one mechanic, and Tolin maintenance person from work could not find it. I have used the online reference from the local library and Chiltons, both point to around the fuse box, but no luck.

Does it click at all? If it does, I would turn the turn signal on and listen for the sound. Typically its next to the fuse box panel, but I have seen them up under the panel that drops near your knees on my 91, if your car has that panel.

I just looked in your owner's manual and there was no discussion of the flasher other than the fact that fuse #19 is for the flasher

Consider that your flasher fell out and you don't see it look for a female plug near the fuse box that looks like the flashers base.

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html#om

Well, leave it to Scotty to point out the obvious: maybe you can't find it because it's not there! LOL :lol:

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the 93s, so please take my comments with a grain of salt. You MAY have an electronic turn flasher unit which will not look like the typical aluminum "can" we are all familiar with. Additionally, if that's the case, you won't be able to hear it "clicking."

Here's a look at what that that critter looks like on my 1995 vehicle:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBucket/Chime3.jpg

WARNING: File size 214KB.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the 93s, so please take my comments with a grain of salt. You MAY have an electronic turn flasher unit which will not look like the typical aluminum "can" we are all familiar with. Additionally, if that's the case, you won't be able to hear it "clicking."

I though they only used those "aluminum cans" as four way flashers now a days, hmmmm, Stillyour turn signals dont make a clicking noise at all? i have the same flasher in my car and hear a clicking.? ;)

Matt B)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

Stillyour turn signals dont make a clicking noise at all? i have the same flasher in my car and hear a clicking.? ;)

Okay, so it's 2:30am and you make me dress and go outside to check. The sprinklers in my condo complex are on and I have to dart between them. Are you happy ?!? LOL! :lol::lol::lol:

Notwithstanding my personal travails, you are correct: I DO hear a "clicking" sound when the signals are engaged. Keep in mind, however, my signals WORK.

I remain reasonably sure that the module, being electronic as opposed to electromechanical, is silent. In fact, I believe I heard that right here from a source I respect. Unfortunately, I can't mention his name.

Now I have to go completely on S.W.A.G. here, and guess that perhaps that "clicking" sound is coming from someplace OTHER than the turn signal flasher. I'd guess it's coming from the "Chime" module via the IPC. Remember, however, that is simply S.W.A.G.

If that's the case, then no "clicking" sound would be heard if the flasher were defective.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I am confused... :blink::lol: I hate the clicking mine makes, I miss the pleasant chime that my 91 used to make, now I only get a chime when my turn signals are on too long... I want my turn signal chime back

FWIW, mine is an electronic module and it does click..... loud. I have wrapped it in foam rubber and a rag, then tapped it and let it hang rather than mount it. It is now bearly audible, just the way I like it.

FWIW, mine is an electronic module and it does click..... loud. I have wrapped it in foam rubber and a rag, then tapped it and let it hang rather than mount it. It is now bearly audible, just the way I like it.

Good Idea I hate the NOISY CHEAP Clicking also... I will try that..

Thanks for all of the ideas.

No, my flasher does not turn on at all, so no noise. BUT, we (my mechanic ) did find it today. It was located behind the fuel center display panel. No need to ever go under the dash and dig through all of the panels and wires. It was replaced with one thats clicks. I need the noise because I forget now and then to turn off the turn single after passing a car.

Archived