CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Question of interest/Suggestion for FAQ section

Hi. I just bought a used 97 Catera. I find that to have been a mistake for many reasons but thats not the issue here. Anyways, I started doing research about them online and found practically nothing about them. This forum is probably the most comprehensive resource for this car that I have seen and, no offense, that isnt saying much due to the lack of people that own or even want them.

The biggest problem I have is that Haynes does not make a repair manual for this car due to the unpopularity. Well maybe my problem is not wanting to pay ~$150 for the manuals instead of $20 but...

I'm not sure how much work this car needs but I will be doing it myself and probably without an expensive manual.

So I have two questions:

1) Would anybody be interested in having me take pictures of the work that I do or just pictuers of the car in general to use as a reference for the earlier model Cateras?

2) I used to own a 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse (awesome car imo, very fun and fast). Most popular Japanese tuner cars have major huge forums, and in this case I frequented DSMTuners.com for information about this car. They have thousands of users, and tons of information about whatever you need to know about that car. The best part was that they added a FAQ section a year or so back I think, and a tutorial type section to their forums. So basically, if I take pictures of my work done to my Catera, I could potentially write up tutorials or something along those lines for future reference. Would it be possible to put another section on these forums for that if there is sufficient interest?

Either way I am probably going to do it and post to my own personal site. No one else on the internet that I have found has anything more than just the factory specs about these cars, save for one guy in England who made an intake for his Opel. This is all probably due to the cost of the car, the cost to make it perform competitively, and no one having a reason to make it perform in the first place. Heck, I kinda thought it might be a good drift car once stripped down and supercharged/turbocharged but theres alot of issues that would need to be addressed for that.

Ok I'm done rambling. Sorry.

Yes, good, either, or both. I would be happy for you to post info here, and/or if you put up a detailed site I would be happy to link to it as well.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

ktowncat,

I was in the States about two weeks ago and while at pep boys, i was looking through their repair manual section and the only Caddy repair manual i found was for a Catera, not sure on the year thought.

Matt B)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

Thanks for the info. Actually funny enough, the day after I posted that message a bunch of them popped up on eBay. Most of them are made by a company called Helm. It is a 3 part booklet that runs about 2000 pages as far as I'm told. Retail price I've been told is about $150. eBay price is cheaper but still expensive compared to a $20 Haynes book.

Archived