CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Body Shop Screwed Me

So last year my father got in an accident in my car and I thought everything had been taken care of. For some reason while washng my car yesterday I noticed 2 things. One they pained over a little piece of clear tape on the mirror it looks like and 2 the top of the door bows out slightly and does not match up with the car. I can put my finger in between the top of the door and the body of the car...up by the windshield. What would you guys do? So much time has passed i think im screwed.

I used to work in a body shop doing sales, most body shops will guarantee their work for a specific amount of time, notice i said most. You should have gotten some paperwork when you picked up the car, if you still have it read it carefully and the answer might be in there. If not, try calling the body shop and just "Inquire" about their warranty.

hopefully you are dealing with a reputible shop, and it wont be a problem

How long since the repair, and who was the shop that fixed it?

Matt

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

It certainly wouldn't hurt to take the car back to them and show them the problems and ask if they would take care of them. The worst they could do is say "No."

1. At the worst, the mirror would need some touch-up paint or, possibly it's the same color underneath the tape and it won't show if the tape was just taken off.

2. The door might just need a hinge adjustment. Does the door gasket leak air or water where it's pulled away?

If the body shop won't make good on it, you'll be on your own. My hunch is if it's taken this long to discover the defects, they aren't something you can't live with.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

:( I agree with Poobah, locate the paperwork, and see how long they guarantee the work. You should still cause a scene nevertheless, or you can threaten to report them to the BBB (Better Business Bureau) if they refuse. Good luck...

Hey How ya doing. Sorry about the problems you just found. As far as the photo question, most people who have Win XP will find in there programs menue "Microsoft Photo Editor". This may be the easyest for you to try. All you need to do is run the program and up top on the left you will click on file and then open. Next go to ware you saved the picture you took and double click it. Then it will open in a box for you. Next on the top left click on "Immage" and then "resize". Now I experiment from time to time but What I find works most is changing the units to pixels and then click on the box for allow distortion and then change the height and width to 300. Next click on OK. Now go back to file and click on "save", be aware that will change your original photo to the new sizes. If you click on "save as" you can rename it and pick a new save location if you want and keep that pic as is wile keeping your original un touched. I keep a seperate folder just for caddy info pics. That will get you started. Then when posting just click on browse to navigate to the photo you want to post.

Archived