CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need 98 Eldo Etc Rim

awise

Help!

I took my 98 Eldo ETC to get a leak in the passenger side rear tire fixed and was infomed that my rim is cracked. The best price I have found is a new one for

$ 309.00 but I am really hoping to find a used one. Does anyone have one of these, or know where I can find one? It is a 16"X 7" eight spoke, chromed alloy rim that was used on th 97, 98, and 99 Eldo ETC's.

Thanks, Alan Wise

awise thing to do is check ebay...

Last year I cracked a chrome rim on my '99 STS.

I found mine for about $150. used, in great shape...

I did have the old rim welded, but it was out of round,

so I bought a rim off ebay...

good luck!

Check with 'cardio doc' on caddyinfo....

Check eBay....

Or the rim can be fixed.....see www.fixrim.com

Or the rim can be fixed.....see www.fixrim.com

Impressive Before/After photos on that site!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

There is a ton on ebay

I was just looking at them.

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

http://www.fixrim

I would check with cardio doc first...

Then eBay if you can find 1 rim...

Fixrim has saved a couple of wheels for me personally. One was a discontinued BBS wheel. Came back better then new..

I cracked the front chrome rim om my 1998. The tire shop sent it out to be repaired for $75 at a machine shop. When it came back it looked brand new and guarenteed from defects. I didn't know that you could do this, but apparantly it's quite common to repair them - depending on the material....

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

Thanks for all the advice.

My intial inquiry at the shop that diagnosed the crack yielded an answer of "No it is not repairable" , but I do not believe that to be an accurate assessment. The rim is not bent, warped, or otherwise. The crack is supposedly in the rim-bead area, with no other damage.

The fact that the crack is towards the inside (center) of the car allows the weld and corresponding marks/discoloration to be relatively invisible. I will investigate this approach.

I have been scouring EBAY daily and have found one new rim for $ 264.00, and three used ones (all three from the same guy in the Bronx) for $ 65.00 each plus shipping. The used ones look well beaten, and the fear is that I would get the same, or worse, than what I already have. I don't see a Yankees fan being totally forthcoming to a Red Sox fan if you know what I mean.

Again, thanks for all your help. I will contact the folks at fixrim, and wheelcollision ASAP, and keep you informed of my progress.

Best Regards, Alan Wise

Archived