CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Motor mount Question.....??

Hey guys, my motor seems to rock a little too much when going from part to drive, or park to reverse, etc. I think I may have a bad motor mount or mounts. Does this car have a upper "dog Bone" mount? (2001 Seville sls) If so how hard is it to replace? This would probably be the most common mount to go right?

Thanks Bros

Mike

They are easy to replace but if you have to ask I would assume yours does not have them as they are very evident when you open the hood.

Hey guys, my motor seems to rock a little too much when going from part to drive, or park to reverse, etc. I think I may have a bad motor mount or mounts. Does this car have a upper "dog Bone" mount? (2001 Seville sls) If so how hard is it to replace? This would probably be the most common mount to go right?

Thanks Bros

Mike

CaddaBling,

Try Front Motor mount.

Not too bad to replace..

Behind the radiator...

Follow the Manual directions...

Good luck,

Does this car have a upper "dog Bone" mount? (2001 Seville sls) If so how hard is it to replace? This would probably be the most common mount to go right?

No, a 2001 Seville does not have dogbone mounts. The Eldorado probably did that year. Sevilles had them up to and including the 1997 model year. In '98 the Seville moved to a different platform, and doesn't have the dogbones. The Eldorado stayed on the E/K platform until its end, so it probably does still have them that year.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived