CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Strange code

When I bought my 1991 DeVille, sometimes it would buck under acceleration and would have a code for intermittent MAP sensor. I found that the plug into the sensor was bad. I replaced the plug and didn't have any problem for several months. Recently, it started bucking again and showed the codes E70 and E71. They are Intermittent MAP sensor and Intermittent TPS. I unplugged both ad examined them for corrosion. There was none and I plugged them back in. I cleared the codes and the problem hasn't returned. I checked the codes after a couple of days to be sure and It showed F40. I can find no mention of a code F40 anywhere. I thought maybe part of the display malfunctioned and it was really E40 but the display is fine. The code won't clear. Anyone know what this F40 means? There are no new problems with how the car runs associated with the F40.

K.O.T.

You can see how the airmix door moves if you remove the glove box. Hold Warmer until the DIC shows 90, then press Colder untill 60. The door should close and open completely (it moves quite slowly). The driver (called Programmer) sometimes gets unsnapped from the door lever. Easy fix - just shap it back.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Thanks for the responses. I tried turning the temp up to 90 then back to 60. At first, it stuck on heat after turning it back to 60. I turned it back to 90 then to 60 again. This time it went cold on 60. I tried it several times since then and it seems to be working fine now.

I also figured out why the F40 code wouldn't clear. Holding the Off and Hi buttons only clears the E codes. To clear the F codes, you have to hold in Off and Lo. After clearing the code, it hasn't returned.

I had never heard of these F codes before.

Anyone know where to find a list of the F codes?

K.O.T.

Thanks for the responses. I tried turning the temp up to 90 then back to 60. At first, it stuck on heat after turning it back to 60. I turned it back to 90 then to 60 again. This time it went cold on 60. I tried it several times since then and it seems to be working fine now.

I also figured out why the F40 code wouldn't clear. Holding the Off and Hi buttons only clears the E codes. To clear the F codes, you have to hold in Off and Lo. After clearing the code, it hasn't returned.

I had never heard of these F codes before.

Anyone know where to find a list of the F codes?

Glad it worked out. I never heard of F codes, I heard only of F words. :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived