CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Oil Question.........

Hey guys, I just purchased my Seville (2001) It has 57000 miles on it. The place I bought it from just changed the oil on it for me before I took it home. All my cars I own presently and previously, I use Mobil 1 synthetic in. I would like to use it in the Seville, but the next oil change will be at 60000 miles. Is that too late for me to start using synthetic? I have no idea what oil the previous owner used. He was elderly, and probably used the conventional 5w30. I do live in Florida and the temperature gets warm. :lol: Even on my Trans Am I still change the synthetic oil at every 3000 miles. What do you all think? Can I use Synthetic without any problems? Thanks!

Take care

Mike

Synthetic wont hurt anything but its not necessary or even recomended. Dino, changed the the oil life moniter interval (appx 6K Mi.) will do just fine and save you some money for gas.

Another vote for "ditto". Almost 150k miles on conventional oil changed (mostly) according to the oil life monitor. I've settled into changing it about every 5k now, just for the sake of consistency.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived