CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Off topic (but big fun..)

Bob D

Hey Guys. I thought maybe you all would love to see these videos of a Remote Control B52. It took these fellows quite some time to build her and a few bank accounts but it was good wile it lasted. Bare in mind there are 8 #1 jet fuel burning turbins on her and a fortune in radio control equipment . The engines are a few grand each and there is supposed to be 3 grand plus in electronics. To bad there was pilot error involved, the crash was terrible. I'v put a few RC projects in to the ground after spending months of building and it is a sickning feeling. I can only emagine how this pilot felt. The pilot error is very obvious to me, but I'v been building and flying for over 17 years now. I'v done the whole deal, from 1/4 scale aircraft to helicoptors with 48" rotors. The electronics on the helies were a fortune with all JR equipment and multiple gyros. I'v done electric gliders and then gliders ware I'v stretched surgical rubber tubing 3/4 the way across a football field for take offs. The RC hydroplane boats were fun but I hated the wait for a stalled ship to float back in. There was never a toe boat around when you needed one. The most fun was with radio control 1/4 scale formula 1 race cars. They were a blast, and fast as all heck. So check out this link for the B52 Bomber videos. I understand there is another one almost ready for testing. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.ashley...ing/gallery.htm Here are two pics of the F1 I had. Sorry about two posts to show the inside of it.

Here is the second pic. As you see it's a gas powered engine and there are disk brakes with proportion control via the remote control. It was a lot of work but when it was dialed in it was fast.

I thought I figured out how to put two pics on one post but the disk brakes did not show up. Here is a poor pic of the set up. I have great big pics and lots but in another folder.

Hey guys,I did some research on that HydraFoam flyer. That thing is great!! I want one. If you go to www.michaelconnally.com, there he tells it is in the works but not out yet. You can send an E-Mail if you like. I did and hope he keeps them in a list to let us know when its out.

Archived