CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Instrument Cluster

flymal

I have a 92 Seville and recently I smelled some electrical burning and a couple of days later I lost just the digital part of my instruments and heater/ac control temp. I replaced the instrument cluster before when I had another problem which did not fix the problem until I had a computer replaced in the the trunk. So should replace, my instrument cluster again or something else? As I don't remember where I got the one that is in there. So where could I get a rebuilt one at? Thanks

Brett

The clusters do go bad. However you have to check out if it is the cluster itself

The dealers in the detroit area use a place called specmo they are on the net just do a google and you will find them..Or if you have a local place to fix yours you could go would be your best bet..

Good Luck

Jim

I have a 92 Seville and recently I smelled some electrical burning and a couple of days later I lost just the digital part of my instruments and heater/ac control temp. I replaced the instrument cluster before when I had another problem which did not fix the problem until I had a computer replaced in the the trunk. So should replace, my instrument cluster again or something else? As I don't remember where I got the one that is in there. So where could I get a rebuilt one at? Thanks

Brett

Where did you get the replacement cluster?

One thing to keep in mind when replacing instrument clusters is to get the milage on the new one set to match the milage on the old one. If you don't, the discontinuity will show up on the title (and Carfax) when you sell the car.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Well, I had Specmo check out my car in 2002 after I tried replacing the cluster. But the problem was the PCM computer. I was able to get the cluster out of Altanta, GA and I'm on the road right now and I don't remember the correct name but it was a Speedometer or something along that line. I called Specmo and asked about getting it checked out. It was $60 for diagnostic to see if the problem is with the cluster. Then if it is they send it to Detroit and its another $60 to diagnostic from that company and to fix it would be $360. So at this point, I'm going to wait. I call the place in NY and you have to send it in before they will give you a quote. Since I use this car most everyday and driving without a speedometer for a week or two might be pricey. I'll wait. Thanks too everyone for your help, I may try the junkyards next.

The clusters do go bad. However you have to check out if it is the cluster itself

The dealers in the detroit area use a place called specmo they are on the net just do a google and you will find them..Or if you have a local place to fix yours you could go would be your best bet..

Good Luck

Jim

http://specmo.com/ is the site you should be going to....

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

2 words..

Circuit 800.

All the computers are on a UART data network. Circuit 800 tan. They talk to each other on this circuit.

IF...one of the computers goes bad....it can corupt the circuit 800 data. Hence....sometimes....it can cause blanking of the cluster display....hence '--' display.

Sometimes its the cluster(IPC)....sometimes its the computers. Can be...

ECM/PCM

ABS

DERM

RSS

ACP

ICP

Archived