CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 Seville SLS Cabin Filter??

Hello all, I am new to the boards. I just got a 2001 Seville SLS. We love it. We have beeen wanting a caddy for a while, and finally got it. I was wondering if someone could tell me if this vehicle has a cabin air filter, and if so where it is located. Thanks! I know on the later Devilles it is under the hood near the windshield under a door. Thanks again!

Take care

Mike

Yes your vehicle has a cabin filter. Instruction below.

Passenger Compartment Air Filter Replacement

Removal Procedure

Remove the left sound insulator panel. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Left in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.

Twist the shift cable grommet and position the cable grommet away from the filter access cover. It may be necessary to cut the tie strap, and to slice and peel back the foam insulation in order to position the shift cable grommet out of the way, in order to access the filters.

Remove the filter access cover (1). Push the cover down, then pull the cover out.

Remove the tape on the first filter.

Remove the first filter by pulling the filter tab.

Remove the tape on the second filter.

Remove the second filter by pulling the filter tab.

Remove the third filter by pulling the filter tab.

Installation Procedure

Important

Lubricate the new filter guides with a spray silicon for ease in installation. Keep the filters as straight as possible during installation.

Install the first filter into the HVAC module assembly.

Use the tab or a long screwdriver in order to raise the filter, so that the leading edge of the filter catches on the holding rib inside the filter case.

Install the second filter in the tab of the first filter.

Slide the second filter into the remaining channels of the first filter.

Raise the filters, so that the leading edge of the second filter catches on the holding rib inside the filter case.

Install the third filter in the tab of the second filter.

Slide the third filter into the remaining channels of the second filter.

Fold the second filter tab down and pull the third filter tab up over the second filter.

Install the filter access cover (1).

Reposition the shift cable grommet. If the insulation was peeled back, secure the foam back into the original position.

Install the left sound insulator panel. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Left in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Boy that sounds very involved LOL :blink: But I am sure they probably haven't been changed. I don't know why they didn't make it as easy as the later Devilles.

Thanks again, I appreciate it!!

Take Care

Mike

• 1 month later...

I finally took out the cabin air filter. Its been in there for 114,000 miles. What a mess and PIA & back.

I couldnt bring myself to remain in the position long enough to replace it, just remove it. Maby next week I'll try to put the new one in.

Then again maby not. I've lived without one just fine till this car. The amount of air flow is really great with the filter removed. I couldnt run the fan on high for fear of dislodging my uncles toupee.

I finally took out the cabin air filter. Its been in there for 114,000 miles. What a mess and PIA & back.

I couldnt bring myself to remain in the position long enough to replace it, just remove it. Maby next week I'll try to put the new one in.

Then again maby not. I've lived without one just fine till this car. The amount of air flow is really great with the filter removed. I couldnt run the fan on high for fear of dislodging my uncles toupee.

I'm with you ... what a colossal pain ... man wasn't meant to squeeze into the driver's footwell and my hands were too big to get into the recess.

Finally removed the 3 filters, as well as extra leaves and crud .... closed everthing up without replacing filters, and the air flow is far more substantial than before.

Two beers and two muscle relaxants later, and my back has stopped screaming at me :blink:

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I finally changed these cabin filter/s today. Man the ones in there were filthy. I can understand why! Who the hell would want to do that job. What a pain in the arse. It took me about an hour and a few happy knuckles and choice words. :P

But it really wasn't as bad as I thougt it would be. I really am looking forward to changing it in another 15000 miles! LOL The real key to it is definitely spraying a lubricant on the tracks where the filters interlock. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Mike

Archived