CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DARE Car Show

Marika

I went to the DARE Car Show today in Garfield, New Jersey.

I took about 65 pictures. When they finish uploading, I'll post a link so everyone can see them.

While I was at the show, the Cadillac Club of Northern New Jersey showed up. In order for your Caddy to be a member of this club, it's got to be 25 years or older.

I took some pics of the older Caddys and one guy there had a white caddy from the 1940's. He has six of them, two that are twins and convertables. He has made the following request:

He wants to find a museum where he can donate his six antique Cadillacs, preferably something in or around the New Jersey area. These cars are in mint condition and are sometimes used for weddings, movies etc. Maybe General Motors or Cadillac has such a museum??? He's not selling them, he wants to definately donate them to a museum where he knows they will be cared for and pampered.

The name of the owner of these stunning, mint condition antiques is Raymond Schrempp and his telephone number is 201-652-2558. Serious inquires only, please.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Seriously, I am starting a museum and could use a couple of cars to go with my two 50s era hubcaps.

Contact me at Bills Summer Home (some are home, some are not) and I will arrange delivery.

Seriously, I am starting a museum and could use a couple of cars to go with my two 50s era hubcaps.

Contact me at Bills Summer Home (some are home, some are not) and I will arrange delivery.

Har har.... :lol::lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/Alb...730/t_=13066714

I hope that link works.

At that link you can watch a slide show of all the images. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, and don't forget to sign the guest book at the site. Scroll down a bit on the page, it's on the right side. Thanks!

Marika: The link works but it goes to something called "Snapfish" whatever that is.

Marika: The link works but it goes to something called "Snapfish" whatever that is.

did you see the pictures? Snapfish is a place where you can store photos for others to view and if you want prints from images, they can do it for you.

OK, I just found out the link does not work. I'll have to get a better link and let everyone know about it. Sorry about that. :(

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=6101711216...c=SYE/otsi=SALB

Try this link instead. Unfortunately, they ask you to set up a free account, which you don't have to use but will need to access the images. Sorry about that.

Oh man, I love the 59!

Ah that red GTO is nice

The 69 SS Camaro, WOW!

Riviera! NICE

That white camaro is really cool looking I don't recall seeing many of them on the road, I wonder what the drag coeff is of that?!

The blue 1960 Caddy is outstanding....

Thanks Marika, there were some very nice cars there. I have to watch my papers for car events in my area, I would enjoy that. What kind of camera are you using, its taking very nice photos on raw format. I am looking at the Nikon D70S. Mike

Oh man, I love the 59! 

Ah that red GTO is nice

The 69 SS Camaro, WOW!

Riviera!  NICE

That white camaro is really cool looking I don't recall seeing many of them on the road, I wonder what the drag coeff is of that?!

The blue 1960 Caddy is outstanding....

Thanks Marika, there were some very nice cars there.  I have to watch my papers for car events in my area, I would enjoy that.  What kind of camera are you using, its taking very nice photos on raw format.  I am looking at the Nikon D70S.  Mike

the camera I use is a Minolta DiMAGE A1. It's a 5 megapixel camera. You can read about it here.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/minoltadimagea1

http://www.clubphoto.com/reward.php?id=345...ika1003588&pwd=

That's a new link to another site where you can view the images and don't have to create a log in account. <_>

Enjoy!

Marika,

Thanks those pics were a treat and nice to you reload to the other site.

Maybe its just me, but so many of those cars were just "distincitive", like the Pontiac, that you never forget it. I had a '66, but not nearly as fine as the red one.

A person used to be able to spot certain cars a block away. Now, you have to read the badges while alongside it.

I suppose its tough now for designers to not stray too far from the "melted candy bar" shape and the various constraints like bumpers, weight etc.

Thanks again

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Marika,

Thanks those pics were a treat and nice to you reload to the other site.

Maybe its just me, but so many of those cars were just "distincitive", like the Pontiac, that you never forget it. I had a '66, but not nearly as fine as the red one.

A person used to be able to spot certain cars a block away. Now, you have to read the badges while alongside it.

I suppose its tough now for designers to not stray too far from the "melted candy bar" shape and the various constraints like bumpers, weight etc.

Thanks again

You're right about the distinctive features of the older cars. I think that's one of the reasons why american cars are not selling as well as they did, they all look like japanese cars now.

Archived