CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Met an SRX Owner this Morning.

Marika

I met an SRX owner this morning at the local diner. I was pulling into the parking lot and he was right behind me. Gary is his name.

His SRX is red. We got to talking and he complimented me on my '92 Seville. He bought the SRX about 3 months ago, fully loaded, and he loves it. It's got the Corvette 8 Cylinder engine in it. He said he drove the SRX with the 6 cylinder engine but it just didn't have "enough" for him. Says he shopped around for a lot of different cars but he's a "large guy" and found that as soon as he slipped into the SRX he was hooked.

I gave him the URL to this site and he said he's going to pay it a visit so hopefully we'll have a new member here soon.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Cool! Maybe we'll see him here soon.

"Corvette 8 Cylinder engine"? I thought there were only two engines...the 3.6L DOHC V6 and the 4.6L DOHC V8. Was it an SRX-V? Maybe that has the LS6 engine...but I didn't think the SRX-V was out yet.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I don't know exactly the engine model. I asked him if he had the N* and he said it was the 8 cylinder Corvette engine. Dont' know anything beyond that except that the car was beautiful.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

It sounds like that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The V8 SRX has the same 320hp Northstar engine that the new V8 STS has. Now, if he swapped out the Northstar for an LS6 (kinda hard to believe) then what he said would make sense. The only Cadillac currently using the LS6 is the CTS-V.

It sounds like that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The V8 SRX has the same 320hp Northstar engine that the new V8 STS has. Now, if he swapped out the Northstar for an LS6 (kinda hard to believe) then what he said would make sense. The only Cadillac currently using the LS6 is the CTS-V.

You might be right, but then again, in this day and age, you never know...LOL :lol:

It used to be, if you asked anyone with a V8-powered GM car, they'd say, "oh yeah, it's the Corvette engine." :) Maybe things haven't changed much.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived