CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front Strut Replacement

WarrenJ

Thursday, 7/14, I had both front struts replaced by my local mechanic. He used the Boston Suspension struts I supplied him with.

They ride fine and my mechanic said they went in without any trouble. No nag from the DIC.

You'll read other things here, but Dennis @ Boston Suspension was curteous and kind to me. Maybe others caught him on a bad day.

I'm pleased,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

:) WarrenJ,

BS has worked for me OK too..:blink:.(not exactly how I wanted to say it, but oh well, its probably true - the more I think of it). :P

I had the "Luxury Ride" set installed on the front of my '94 DCS at about 169,000mi by the local GM Dealership with no problems at all. They had apologized earlier for the steep price of their active struts.

Dennis was right back with a recommendation and some other info, I guess that's what customer service is supposed to be?

Did you replace the "strut mounts" (rubber dough nuts, sort of I believe) as well?

How many miles if the origs were the first set?

Good Luck :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Did you replace the "strut mounts" (rubber dough nuts, sort of I believe) as well?

How many miles if the origs were the first set?

Yep, replaced the mounts.

Currently 120K on the car. Started noticing problems @ ~110K.

I also chose the "Luxury Ride" shocks (#8).

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I just bet the Lux ride kit is better, I THOUGHT that I was getting same stuff (Monroe) but not. I'n not sure about the fit. And I have not put in the front yet and i might not even.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Thursday, 7/14, I had both front struts replaced by my local mechanic. He used the Boston Suspension struts I supplied him with.

They ride fine and my mechanic said they went in without any trouble. No nag from the DIC.

You'll read other things here, but Dennis @ Boston Suspension was curteous and kind to me. Maybe others caught him on a bad day.

I'm pleased,

Warren

Warren, I just saw this post! Thanks for the feedback on Boston. I bought the luxury ride also. I will probably do the rear this weekend. The rear looks like a no brainer.. I am going to hold off on the front for a bit I need to focus on my business. I found a really good alignment shop so I am confident that when I am done she will ride beautifully. I had an alignment last week after I did the rear springs... It is straight as an arrow at 70 after the alignment (and I STILL need to do the front, WOW)! I bought a new OEM air shock nylon tubing kit also as I noticed some wear marks on the tubing from friction when I did the springs.

I am happy to hear that you don't get the message but you have a 95 and I have a 96.

If the supplied electronics don't work to stop the message I will consider removing the electronics from the old shock and re-connect them to the wiring. (I think this was jhall's idea!)

Now that you have had some time to drive the car how is the ride? I am also replacing the strut mounts, springs and strut bar bushings.. Mike

SPEAKING OF FRONT ENDS.....

There was a car chase today in Phoenix, watch FOX or CNN and watch the finish... Did that Buick's front wheel assembly buckle under easily or was it my imagination? That white SUV pushed it and it buckled immediately... Tell me what you think, Mike

Now that you have had some time to drive the car how is the ride? I am also replacing the strut mounts, springs and strut bar bushings.. Mike

They ride great. I couldn't be happier.

There was a car chase today in Phoenix, watch FOX or CNN and watch the finish... Did that Buick's front wheel assembly buckle under easily or was it my imagination? That white SUV pushed it and it buckled immediately... Tell me what you think, Mike

Yes, I noticed that. He shoehorned himself between two vehicles just before the Sherriff's SUV T-boned him, so it's hard to tell exactly when/how that right front came apart.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived