CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

N*Motors

Hey Guy's,

Hope everyone is in good health. I haven't posted in a while, but i read post every day. I just want to say once again that this is the best site, with the most helpful information. I'm 40 years old, i've owned cars since i was 15 my first was a 1978 Pontiac T/A Over the years i did just about everything to cars. This is my first N* that i had for a year. WoW this engine is so sofisticated i feel like a 15 year old all over again. But it feels good. I have no more problems with it. It runs great. One other thing i do want to say though is, Everyone who has this engine get to know this engine. No greater place, is this site which you all already know. The reason why i say this is because 90% of the so called top mechanics that i have spoken too has nothing but negative things to say about this motor. They are so used to the simple motors of yesterday, that a motor of this caliber makes them feel like they are riding the yellow school bus again. I don't think anyone can work on these motors the right way, except for the owners themselves, Straight from this site. Thank you Guru, Scotty, and everyone else who has contributed. You are never too old to learn and i hope this site continues on.

Jeffrey!!! B)

Hey Thank You Jeffery, its an HONOR to have my name mentioned in the same sentence as Guru! (are you sure you wanted to do that? :lol: Guru has taught me everything I know! :lol: )

I feel the same way you do! No one knows more about my NS than me, I couldn't imagine taking it anywhere for service. I couldn't do it as well without this site...

They are so used to the simple motors of yesterday, that a motor of this caliber makes them feel like they are riding the yellow school bus again.

Jeffrey!!! B)

Make that :The SHORT Yellow Bus". :P

Britt

Britt

>Everyone who has this engine get to know this engine. The reason why i say this is because 90% of the so called top mechanics that i have spoken too has nothing but negative things to say about this motor.<

I know...pretty scary huh? The problem is although they my be "top mechanics" in their circles, it's a world class engine requiring a world class mechanic. Typically this sort will be real professionals, with factory training and such. That's very hard to find these days, anywhere outside dealerships. And therein lies the rub...

I know that when I have discussed N* engineering with some 'top mechanics' no matter how professionally I present the subject with all the backup that exists, their eyes glaze over and their brain shuts down. They just don't want to learn, for some reason.

That's the beauty of this forum. Knowledge is power. And when you're dealing with a sophisticated piece of work like the N* you need all the power you can muster...

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived