CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Battery Corrosion Problems

Vince P

Scotty,

I suggested that you use a product called NO-OX-ID Special for your battery terminals. I have been using it for many years and my battery terminals and have never seen corrosion. I have an 8 oz tube that should last me 10 or 11 life times

I am an engineer in the telecommunications industry. NO-OX is a product that we require for any connection of power cables, ground cables, batteries and battery busses etc.

Sanchem in Chicage makes the product that we use. http://www.sanchem.com

This is from their web site:

==================

NO-OX-ID "A-SPECIAL" is the electrical contact grease of choice in new electrical installations and maintenance because of its excellent performance in keeping metals free from corrosion. This conductive grease has been used for over 50 years to prevent corrosion in electrical connectors from low micro-power electronics to high voltage switchgear. The formation of oxides, sulfides and other corrosion deposits on copper surfaces and conductors can be prevented with its use. NO-OX-ID "A-SPECIAL ELECTRICAL" is an USDA approved conductive grease compound and rust preventive that prevents corrosion and lubricates electrical connections. Other NO-OX-ID conductive grease and conductive lubricants include NO-OX-ID A-Special 200 and NO-OX-ID E. NO-OX-ID trademark 1918.

=================

There must be a similiar product that used in the automotive industry.

Vince P

I have heard of this product. So I guess it does work eh?

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Archived