CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

low rider??

pam

Hi Guys, :D

This is my first visit to your site. I didnt know that you all existed until my friend told me about you. He suggested that I ask you guys for help with my Deville. Heres the thing. When you drive the car with the trunk loaded w/ luggage or whatever, the suspension bottoms out . If you stop the car and turn it off for a few seconds and restart the engine and let it sit, the suspension "pumps" back up. When you drive away, the suspensions drops back down to "lowrider" stance again. Stop and turn off the key and restart and it goes up again until you drive away. $$$$$$$????? :unsure:

Hi Guys, :D

This is my first visit to your site. I didnt know that you all existed until my friend told me about you. He suggested that I ask you guys for help with my Deville. Heres the thing. When you drive the car with the trunk loaded w/ luggage or whatever, the suspension bottoms out . If you stop the car and turn it off for a few seconds and restart the engine and let it sit, the suspension "pumps" back up. When you drive away, the suspensions drops back down to "lowrider" stance again. Stop and turn off the key and restart and it goes up again until you drive away. $$$$$$$????? :unsure:

Trace the air lines from the rear shocks to the compressor to see if they are chafed through. I will bet you have a leak in the system. If you find the hose damaged, the Cadillac dealer has a repair splice for $2.00 - yes - $2.00.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

KHE,

I have broken air pipe to right strut. It's hard to believe my cadillac dealer will sell it to me for $2. I think he will charge $90 for labor plus $2, even if I will change it my self. Oh, I'm sorry you've been talking about repair splice, I didn't notice. Still it's pretty cheap. I'll try to ask my closest dealer. Thanks.

Thanks guys, ;)

I will put the car on jacktands and try to find a damaged air line . I know how to locate the struts but I don't have a clue as to where the pump is located. Any insight?? :(

Archived