CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What do you guys think about this?

Im not usually one into spoilers, in fact I usually HATE them, especialy if the car they are on is wearing a capital 'H'.

However, I've been drooling over the SRT-8 version of the Chrysler 300C lately, and one detail I've noticed is the small, simple lip spoiler at the edge of the trunk lid. I think it is pretty classy, and adds a nice tough look to the car (as if those chunky 20 inch wheels aren't enough!).

Now comes the confession....

I'm actually thinking of putting a spoiler on the STS (there, I said it! I never thought I would! lol)

I thought I would stop putting money into the looks of the car after the wheels, but here I go again!

I know that the SRT-8 spoiler would not work on the STS because the the LED brake light, but the BMW M3 has a similar lip spoiler, that is subtle but attractive.

What do you guys think about this? Have I gone crazy, or do you think it would look good?

I'll post some pics I found, so you can get a visual...

First, heres the spoiler that inspired the idea...

post-3-1120929029_thumb.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Last one. See its nothing big, but I think it would look nice on the STS

post-3-1120929435_thumb.jpg

Scott

Thx for the reply Bystorm.

I'm begining to contemplate if it would even fit length wise. Ill have to sneak up on a 3 series in a parking lot with a tape measure, to compare the trunk lid sizes.

I think I'll let the idea sit on my mind a little longer, just to see how it boils down. Alot of times I've had things come to mind, and then weeks later think to my self "what a dumb idea that was".

Scott

I think it would look pretty sweet!

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Archived