CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Stubborn Marks on Car

Hey Everyone!

Havent been on in awhile, enjoying the summer at my cottage, hope everyone else's summer is going great!

Well when I returned from Newfoundland I knew my car would be filthy, so I cleaned her last night, she sparkling with that new paint job of hers.

But after cleaning I noticed one mark on the roof and one on the top of the trunk. I rewashed these areas and applied some elbow grease, I removed a top layer of this "mark". Thinking it might be tree sap, I dabbed a little bit of rubbing alcohol onto these spots and rubbed it in. To my suprise nothing was removed.

I will post some pics if I can at lunch today. I'm not sure what is, whether its stubborn sap or a bird did a fly by on her.

Any tips on removing these marks?

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Yeah Scotty I was a little sketchy, so I just dabbed that area. I'm not sure what will remove these stains though.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

There is a solvent named "Pre Kleeno" that is made by Dupont. It's a petroleum disstalate that is used in our paint shop here at work to prep mil spec surfaces prior to paint. It's the best darn bug/tar/gunk remover I have ever come across. To put it in perspective, there's a custom car paint shop I know of that wipes down entire cars, (Corvettes and such) with it. It's leaves NO residual and is completely safe. You can get it at paint shops.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived