CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 STS sunroof stops not working

STS

Just wondering if there is an easy fix for my sunroof. I have become pretty good at stopping it right at the closed position, however I know that it should stop when it reaches the closed position. Mine will continue to pop-up the back of the roof unless I let go of the switch right at the closed position. Same thing goes for when I close the pop-up rear portion. If I hold the switch to long it starts to open the roof. I suspect there is a switch that is not making. If so does anyone know what I need to replace. Thanks in advance.

Here's some info . . . .

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6220&hl=

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I too had to replace the swich, and it worked great!

Didn't cost as much as I thaught either.

Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

johnnydone, bigjayzway:

Youse guys are holdin' yer cards mighty close to yer vest.

Why don't youse just give it up, and tell us WHAT you PAID??

Regards,

Warren ;)

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

mine was an excessi8ve amount for the switch $50 and $20 labor but it was done

thank goodness

Archived