CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

No Sound (music) from radio. ('98 Seville)

Did anyone have this problem? There is no sound coming from any of the speakers. (This is on a 1998 Seville SLS) The dealer said it was a bad "Power Amp" for the radio. I believe this "Power Amp" is mounted in the trunk on the back side of the rear seat area. The dealer wants $1500.00 to replace it. Did anyone have this problem yet? Should I go the the junk yard and find a replacement there? I don't think it's that hard swap out. Thanks Ken

$1500??? You cound ditch everything, put an aftermarket headunit in, run new wires to new speakers, have it sound BETTER, and probably not spend HALF of $1500!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I had a problem in my 94 Concours radio not coming on until the volume was just a little too high to be comfortable. I could only turn the radio on and play it with the windows down or go deaf. I took the car in to have the door actuators replaced and when I picked it up I noticed right off that the radio came on as soon as I turned the volume knob on and worked great. I thanked the mechanic for fixing my radio and he was dumbstruck and said he never touched the radio. I ask him if he unhooked the battery and he said yes. So cutting the power when there is a problem with the radio is number one on my fix list.

I forgot to say this is a Bose system.

Is there a good "Auto Recycling Parts" place around(On the web) that I can try to get a used item from?

Thanks

You have got some great tips from PAUL T and Guru. Why won't you try something which takes 3 minutes? :huh:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I had a strange problem the day after I bought my used 2001...the radio would not work...strange...

I have a Tech 2...could not talk to the amp...hmmmm....bummer...

The radio was about to be shipped off to a Delco radio shop....wait....try resetting the system with the battery cables!

It worked....nada prblems since....

**** UPDATE!!!****

Thanks for the tips!! This problem was on my mother-in-law's car, so it took me a few days before I was able to get the car and try some of these tips.

I remove the rear seat a pulled out about three fuses. (Think: radio, Power amp, and a RAP) I thought this one may have stood for "radio amp"?(RAP)

Pushed all of them back into the connectors after waiting about two minutes and the radio WORKS FINE!! Thanks

Wants up with a Cadillac dealer ready to charge $1500.00 for a two minutes repair?

Don't they know about these problems?

Thanks!!

We could have a heck of a party with $1500 worth of beer.....LOL  LOL

Glad that was it.  Aren't you the hero to your mother-in-law NOW..???

:lol: Everyone who messes up with mother-in-law's car is a hero!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived