CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

how to install a door

I need the proper information about installing an interior passenger door on a 1998 deville. How to dismantle wiring and interior panels for installation of new door.

Thanks, Robert Needles

What is "interior passanger door''? :blink: Is is what others call just a passanger door one opens to get in or out of the car? :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

My Father works at Caddy Body shop. All I know is that it's booby trapped! If you try to get some things off the wrong way, you snap the plastic parts that retain it on. So Be sure. I'd start by supporting the door from my garage ceiling, make my way through all the booby traps, All the wires have plugs and only go back the same way as they came appart. I think I'd undo the hindge from the door and leave it on the car. Whatever ya do open very slowly first time and if mis aligned it can grap your fender and trash it. They make shims, (You might have some already) Use them if ya have to.

Be careful taking it off. I'm sure it's a lot heavier than you might think!

I would try to get ahold of a factory service manual and review the procedure before I started.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

rnee,

There is a procedure and pictures for hinge adjustment in my factory service manual. But it is for 91 Seville. If you are interested send me your e-mail and I'll scan the information for you. Files are going to be too big for posting here.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived