CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Other forums

Bob D

You know, I haven’t been around much lately, been real busy with work, traveling, all sorts of things. I also have been spending a little time on other forums (other marquees..) including brands from the other side of the pond. I must say the Bruce’s Caddyinfo forum is the friendliest, civil, most helpful bunch of folks on the internet. All you have to do is spend a little time (especially as a “noob”) on some of these other forums, and you’ll be amazed at what a bunch of immature, egotistical, surly bunch of pr*cks you will find. Incredible.

Anyway, even though I’m not posting a lot, still driving the STS, and will always fondly remember you all. ;)

Bob

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Bob,

Are you working up to some kind of apology...

...for whatever kind of ride your wife finally leased?

Go ahead and tell us and then let's see just how civil we are. :P

Glad to have you back and post away !

and yes, it was another one of those late dinners :huh: with drinks...

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Bob,

Are you working up to some kind of apology...

...for whatever kind of ride your wife finally leased?

Go ahead and tell us and then let's see just how civil we are. :P

:D:D:D

Too funny..!

Naw, just playing around with some of my 'toys'... ;)

user posted image

Try owning an Accord like I do.

I visit two forums, and the average age seems to be twentysomething.

Great sites if you want to know who raced who up mainstreet last night, or where to

order indiglo dash lights, lowering springs, fat exhausts, or where the next bbq is.

I agree with Bob ... this site is far more helpful on actual mechanical queries, and definitely has a more congenial tone to the discussions.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I’m a member of a couple of other forums and without a doubt Caddyinfo has the most knowledgeable members. Many posts in the other forums go unanswered or the responses show lack of knowledge and experience. I’m not trying to be critical or unfriendly, just stating a fact. I try to the best of my ability to help members of these forums with mostly the knowledge gained from Caddyinfo. Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to refer members of these forums to Caddyinfo where I know they will get the best help possible. I have tried--but my post will simply be removed and I will receive email advising me not to mention other forums.

Hmm, that's interesting as I have refered several other people here from cadillacfurums and have never had a problem. Maybe I just haven't been caught yet :o . Seems to be plenty of moderators so if I was doing anything wrong I am sure I would have been told or banned.

you know it's funny, just like two days ago I decided to venture into the unknown and surf around and see which other cadillac forums are out there, and NOTHING compares to caddyinfo! Here I can be in the middle of flushing my coolant and get get advice WHILE i'm doing the job, other places you post and get like one responce in a few days!! It's funny when I bought my first caddy, I did a google search, found this site, and never even looked for anything else.

CADDYINFO ROCKS!

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

>"It's funny when I bought my first caddy, I did a google search, found this site, and never even looked for anything else."<

Exactamundo!!

user posted image

It is definatly the most civil and by far the friendliest forum I have seen out there. I have noticed that in alot of other forums, if you are not regular than you get treated like dirt, and almost everything said is controversial. On this forum pretty much every question is responded with a strait answer, no matter how absurd or silly it may be. I dont post here very often, but I think I read alomost every thread I can. It is So GREAT I visit regularily 3-4 times a day, reading as much as I can.

It is definatly the most civil and by far the friendliest forum I have seen out there. I have noticed that in alot of other forums, if you are not regular than you get treated like dirt, and almost everything said is controversial. On this forum pretty much every question is responded with a strait answer, no matter how absurd or silly it may be. I dont post here very often, but I think I read alomost every thread I can. It is So GREAT I visit regularily 3-4 times a day, reading as much as I can.

You know, I been thinking about the remarkable difference. Perhaps the demographics? You would think that with some of these 'high end' European and Asian cars you might find the maturity and intelligence you find here...Not in my experience.... The mentality I have come across (in large numbers) remind me of a bunch of spoiled punks. Did mamma and dada buy these cars for them? Perhaps.

I started one thread in which I revealed a lawsuit between to major performance 'chip' and software manufactures. Simply brining some facts into focus, shedding some light upon them, and inquiring about personal experiences with the two....The flaming response was incredible!

I later posted a question which I posted below, questioning the mentality a bit. The moderator locked them both....

>"Well...EXCUUUUSSSE MEEEEE! LOL.

Geezz, you've got some sensitive guys here. Sure I'm new, and not anywhere's near up to speed as some of you guys. (On this marquee..) But look, nobody's being an alarmist, making any assumptions or accusing any product of anything. I'm simply asking a few questions, posting some factual info I found, and hoping for some coherent feedback... (Isn't that how we learn?)....Last time I checked, that's what a forum existed for..<" ;)

(Maybe I should have said: "YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH"!!)

...then get banned...LOL

user posted image

This is so true, I recently said more or less the same thing about another site. This site for some reason has a maturity and tolerance to it not seen on other sites, its great....

Ditto. I don't post often, but I've learned SO MUCH about my STS, as well as cars in general from this site. For example, when my water pump went out last year--yes, I have the factory manual.. but would I have known about the special socket tool, let alone "rent" the thing from Bruce, without CaddyInfo? Certainly not...

Since seeing the post here recently, I've started lurking on gm-trucks.com, (we have a new 2004 Suburban) and there is useful information, but also a LOT of attitudes...

And I amaze some of my friends with tidbits about the Northstar like "did you know the oil system was designed to work at 6,000 RPM, in a 1 G turn?" B) Of course, only Guru could have provided info like that..

I second the motion: CaddyInfo ROCKS!! Thank you Bruce!

This is so true, I recently said more or less the same thing about another site.  This site for some reason has a maturity and tolerance to it not seen on other sites, its great....

I hate to quote myself but my statement was ambiguous. I recently have been visiting another Caddy site not to mention the oil site and did not like the atmosphere. In some cases those sites are even confusing and inefficient to navigate. I like the way this site flows. We do not censure, remove or close threads unless they become out of hand and counterproductive. Rather we provide facts, data and our experience to attempt to change the individuals opinion, exactly what mature intelligent people are suppose to do to accomplish a task efficiently. We always try to help no matter what the question is. Flaming is rare. I think its because we have developed into a community in which we have become friends. The group is strong because we have individuals with diversified experiences and expertise. Most problems are handled by members familiar with the problem until it's resolved. The group provides direction and instruction and gives a reasonably handy owner the ability to either do the job himself or to go to his mechanic armed with the proper knowledge to get his vehicle repaired correctly, quickly and efficiently.

I value the experience I gain from our diagnostic brainstrorming sessions. Let's make sure that we follow problems from start to finish within the thread. I have seen threads that are left incomplete and we never know if the problem is solved so our experience does not benefit from those interactions. In my AC Compressor thread I tried to tell a story that could potentially help others. I plan on doing the same with my spring and strut job. I think an example of this is Matt's engine replacement and jhall's engine rebuilt. The thread becomes a guide and a repository of a lot of knowledge with a singular focus in mind... I like that...

What I like the best is that we have respect for eachother and eachothers opinions whether they be right or wrong. There have been times where we have all made 'off base' or 'off target' statements but we don't stomp on eachother. Not that we don't have heated and emotional discussions and debates, we do, but they never get out of hand for the most part. Our EGOs are left at the keyboard and don't get in the way. Facts and direction over opinions always tends to win out.

I also think we love Cadillacs. I find it interesting that we all tend to agree on what is 'proper' in terms of tweaking our Caddy's looks and what is tacky. We respect the cars image and the root of that image has remained pretty consistent over the years and the steps that GM has made to improve their performance has only served to solidify the way we feel about these cars. This is a serious car and most of us are passionate about the way we feel about the car.

Finally mention was made of the demographic.. We recently did a survey asking members what we did for a living. I was humbled and in awe of how intelligent and technical our members are as a group. Anyone know the link to that thread?

Most of the other vehicle-related sites I have used in the past 4 to 5 years seem to be populated with folks who will be driving something else within 6 months. They register to get a fast (unqualified) answer to a real or imagined problem and then disappear without making a technical contribution.

Part of what sets this board apart is the brand loyalty of some (most?) Cadillac owners. Add to that the quality and depth of technical education, experience, and willingness to share that is available here and you have a unique situation.

You don't have to spend a lot of time wondering if the information available here is accurate; it is. Kudos to all the nameless folks (GM employees, dealer employees, and others) who are willing to educate the rest of us.

Well done, Bruce (the facilitator). I hope you will be a loyal Cadillac owner/fan for many years.

If you agree, send Bruce a $$ contribution to help pay the freight.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Finally mention was made of the demographic.. We recently did a survey asking members what we did for a living. I was humbled and in awe of how intelligent and technical our members are as a group. Anyone know the link to that thread?

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...9&hl=occupation

Archived