CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

91 Eldo Antenna Won't Stay Up!

bschelle

I replaced an Alpine with a Panasonic. Now the antenna goes down after about 45 seconds when the engine is running. Turn the engine off and the antenna stays up!

I know I could pull the fuse and have it permanetly up but that is not the answer I want. I didn't have the problem until I put in the new radio so I had to mess something up! Any advice?

Because of the "cadillac" feature, if wired correctly, the antenna WILL stay up (and the radio will stay on) when you shut the engine off for 10 minutes, or until you open a door, whichever comes first.

does it stay up when you shut the engine off AND open a door?

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I have to correct myself. The antenna goes down if the car is running or not. It only stays up momentarily and it makes no difference if the door is open,the car is runnig or the car is shut off or if the key is in the acc. posistion. With the old Alpine radio the antenna acted as it should, moving up and down as the power was supplied.

I really didn't intend to post that message! Sorry if I offended anyone. Hopefully it is deleted! :o

Britt

Britt

I have to correct myself. The antenna goes down if the car is running or not. It only stays up momentarily . . . . .

Ordinarily I'd suggest a wiring error, but is it possible the Panny treats the antenna power line differently than does the Alpine?

You might be able to find more help at: http://www.carstereohelp.com

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived