CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Moon Roof Rail is Broken

Matt

Hey all. First off I do not know how to put multiple pics in one post. I'm sorry for having to put 3 posts to show this. The roof is working fine but I want to get all the little problems out of the way now. My manuals do not show these parts so can any body ID these part #s for me. If I can get this part will I be able to replace it or is it lots of work. The pics are in three posts. The broken part is toward the front on driver side. The roof opens and closes fine. The inner slideing shade closes almost all the way, it comes in contact with the broken rail and stays open about a half inch. The first two pics are of the broken side and the third is the good one.

Matt,

Please don't take my word as the last.

Any number of times in the past, folks here have asked about acquiring parts of a larger assembly like the roof *smurf*'y. The roof, in particular, has been mentioned as an *smurf*'y that must be purchased in toto.

My guess is that you are due for yet another trip to the recycling center.

It shouldn't be too long before that car of yours is perfect! :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Matt,

Please don't take my word as the last.

Any number of times in the past, folks here have asked about acquiring parts of a larger assembly like the roof *smurf*'y. The roof, in particular, has been mentioned as an *smurf*'y that must be purchased in toto.

My guess is that you are due for yet another trip to the recycling center.

It shouldn't be too long before that car of yours is perfect! :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

And yet another fine example of why a DELETE option should be made available to folks such as me . . . .

Posted Image

MATT..............Is that a ASC aftermarket sunroof?

It looks like the roof that was in my 90 DeVille..................

If so parts may be avail. from American Sunroof Corp. direct

Or you could "cob" it up !...........geo

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Matt,

Unless there is a piece missing, I would try to use either super glue or 5 minute epoxy to repair it. If it doesn't work,then you are only out the cost of the material. If it does, then you got off cheap! :P

Britt

Britt

Hi Guys and Thanks for looking at it for me. As far as I know it came factory installed. Yes the car will be New if I keep going at this pace. But really it is in fair shape all around or else I would not be going at it like this. When some body says "Assembly" that scares me, especially with the sunroof. I would like to replace that broken part but not if I have to take the roof apart. I would hate to mess that up. If no more responces to this come up I may have to try the epoxy or glue idea. The only thing with that is, when you slide the inside shade shut it comes up against that broken part. That may brake it off again if it's only glued n place. This needs more thought. Later guys

For comparison, here's mine . . . . sorry, the cleaning lady was off this week! :P

Regards,

Warren

P.S. And she just bought some of that there Meguiar's stuff. More about that funny "aluminized" back seat thingy in another post.

post-3-1119384755_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

You DO need to take the glass panel out to access most of the sunroof parts. I did this to replace the sagging material on the sun visor thing. It is not too difficult, although putting the glass panel back in and getting it properly lined up so it shuts evenly takes patience.

-dave B)

p6090024.jpg

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Hey Guys, thanks for the info. I have two sites to go to now anyway. WarrenJ that roof looks just like mine. At least the broken part looks to be the same as mine. I need to find ware to get parts to replace my broken part. I will try looking at those two web sites as soon as possible. Thanks all...

Hey The Gang is All Here. It's nice to see ya all. I have great news. I did get in touch with Rick at Sunroofdoctor.com. He is a very nice guy. He said I have a Webasto Sunroof. Those are what Caddy put in from the factory in 93. He says he has all the parts too. WOW.. I sent him a couple of pictures and he will E-Mail me on Thursday with all the details about parts and prices. I will then ask if he has anything that he can E-mail me on procedures to replace the part. I'll let ya know what he says. Now to a new post.. Later Guys

Thanks to Ed Hall for the http://www.sunroofdoctor.com website. I've bookmarked it.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Good Morning. Rick over at Sunroofdoctor is taking care of me just fine. It turns out my sunroof is not a Webasto. The roof is really a Vermuillion Hollandia of the Netherlands. These two company merged so the parts are available. My model roof is a TVS-Classic. More info later.

Glad to hear that sunroofdoctor has what you need. Mine needs a new track also and I found that these guys are about the best place for sunroof parts. Someday I'll get around to fixing mine.

IPB Image

Good Morning. Rick over at Sunroofdoctor is taking  care of me just fine  . . . . .

It's really good to hear that someone has gone the extra mile to help out.

Kudos, Rick

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived