CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Surge Tank Replacement Q

Do you have the manual they usually describe the process pretty good. I doubt highly that the silver can (accumulator) will have to come out. Once it does you would need to recharge your AC... I will look around and see what I see, im under the hood right now doing the compressor...

FGB,

If you have the replacement tank (and it is the correct one), you should be able to deduce where all the hold downs and connections are by looking the replacement over.

By all means, Do Not remove the silver colored A/C accumulator. That will be illegal and expensive! :blink:

I haven't looked at the book, but you should be able to change the tank without disturbing the accumulator. After all, I changed my engine from the top & didn't discharge the A/C!

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

BTW...that is the right name for the part is it not? The black plastic tank on the left side of the engine with the pressure cap on it...

Yes, it is called a surge tank.

Removed my tank in my 92 eldo a few months back to clean out some gunk build up. Sould be about the same in your 93 I would think.

First I had to remove the black bar (whatever they are called) that goes diagonally in each front corner of the engine bay. Next remove to bolts that hold the tank, one up top attaches to the outside of the wheel well (visable), and another one is down on the right side of the tank (hard to see). Next you will have to remove your battery. Then you should be able to slide the tank out from under the A/C stuff. You will have to rotate it some, but with the battery out it will be easy. Be careful when reinstalling it not to pinch the hose and to put the hose back in it's orginal location so the battery doesn't pich it either.

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived