CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Who Loves Their Cadillac?

JasonA

As the sun loses its grip on another beautiful North Carolina day, I reflect on how I fall in love with the Cadillac all over again everytime I drive her. I went to Autozone this evening to find some Michelin tire dressing (an ad in Autoweek said it's out, but it's not yet) and had the windows wide open and I couldn't decide what sounded better -- Rascal Flatts' new country tune "Fast Cars And Freedom" or the smooth jazz piece bellowed out from the Northstar's twin pipes. Temperatures were in the 80s and there was low humidity -- a perfect evening for a drive...a perfect evening to enjoy her before I tuck her away into the garage to live out a rainy Sunday and Monday.

Meanwhile, 30 miles down the road, Tiger Woods is finding himself in not quite as joyous a mood as I, I reckon. When I left the house, he was +3, and not even in the top 10. Just one round left, and tomorrow looks to be overcast and showery. Hope he's got his rain gear.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Hi Jason

Well I (really) like the one I have now.I just can't bring myself to love a car or any machine. I liked many cars throughout the years for one reason or another speed handleing etc..but the dts is a very nice road car. It Handles good, Nice sound sys, comfortable seating, the climate control works well, good ride The car meets my needs in a car. Glad you love your car..I went through all the phases with cars Muscle cars,Spoirts cars and the exotic ones..which were a lot of fun to drive in europe Now as long as it's comfortable and has enough creature comforts with enough power to get up and move around in traffic and on the highway I'm happy,,

Cheers

Jim

I to have had a few different cars, some fast others not so but this one is by far the best. I'v never had enough cash to have what I would really like to have. I think that was a good thing because I never owned a Caddy before and now I know what I really like. I like the comfort, style, handleing and power of this ride above all others. I hope the future has another caddy in it for me. Take Care All...

I am definitely an *smurf* man, and the 98 ETC has the *smurf* of all time. Smooth, shapely, nicely defined curves, and its a BOY car! I am completely in LOVE!!!!!!!

i also have had lots of cars from a green pinto station wagon (which was the only car i made money off of paid $250 sold it 2 yrs later for $450), a izuzu rodeo,

but i still love my first cadillac (97STS the best big bad and smooth.

Well im 18 so the only car i have experience with is my 2000 STS and 1998 STS.. I Remember going to the cadillac dealership in 98 (was about 12 at the time) with my Father to pick up his Shale 1998 Seville STS and Ever since then i was hooked on Cadillac. My Father recently Gave me the 98 STS and Bought a Fully loaded White Diamond 05 STS V8 luxury performance (GM Employee Discount almost 10k off the Sticker)...

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

just celebrated 1 year of owning a 95 SLS, & I do enjoy driving the car alot. Put 20,000 miles on it & the only real problem was water pump failure a few months after I got it. Hope to get 200k miles out of the N star Definitely fun to drive. even for an old guy like me.

I love my Eldo. It's hard to sum up in a quick post (kind of like trying to write something meaningful in a Valentine's Day card).

Wherever and whenever I go, I enjoy the ride. I think my favorite is coming home from my Wednesday evening acting class. It's usually just before midnight. I have to drive the entire length of the San Fernando Valley and on out to Ventura County, about 35 miles distance altogether. I rarely take the freeway. I open the sun roof and cruise out Ventura Boulevard. There's never any traffic and the Caddy just purrs along mile after mile.

It's a very relaxing and enjoyable drive.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Well I have had the pleasure of owning from fifty to a hundred assorted cars/trucks since 1954, there are 6 vehicles in my yard now, every time I say this is my last I get another. I have had the 97 sls 3yrs now and it is sitting in the number 3 spot on my all time list, if it performs the same for the next 2 It will certainly take over the number 1 spot. Its great looking, fast, comfortable and dependable. It has more features on it than any car I have had. The miles per gallon are awsome. It is the best bang for the buck in autotown. Going on a trip this summer about 1200 miles to my sister in laws and she wants a desk my wife promised her so I have to take the truck. It has entered my my mind that the desk might fit in the car if i cut off the 4 legs of the desk. Excuse me I have to find my tape measure.Mike

I have had the 97 sls 3yrs now and it is sitting in the number 3 spot on my all time list, if it performs the same for the next 2 It will certainly take over the number 1 spot.

Okay Mike, you walked into it. What are your #2 and #1 cars of all time?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Number 1 is a 65 chevy super sport with a 327 and white bucket seats, 2 is a 58 blue pontiac star chief silver flakes in the carpet and headliner and a ton of chrome, it had a fixed 2/3 shift in its hydramatic transmission, very fast in its day. I give these cars the edge because of the nostalgia factor. Number 4 is a blue 57 ford convertable. Wife and I went to Vegas in it on our honymoon, driving down Fremont street at night with all its lights and the top down a blonde in the right seat whats there not to like about that car. Mike

I just got home from Oxnard (about 20 miles in the other direction from the San Fernando Valley). This is another of my favorite drives. Between my house and Oxnard is the Conejo Grade, a three mile stretch of 8 lane freeway on a 7% grade. There's always plenty of traffic including a lot of trucks and underpowered cars struggling up the hill. I never mind getting behind a slow one because I know once I break free, I can dial up the horses and be pushing 80 at the summit.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived