CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Upgrades

32v_dohc

Some time ago, after six years driving a ETC, I bought a 99 SLS. Lately I have been contemplating suspension upgrades. My current struts are not controlling the car the way I would like and the car doesn’t like to turn corners. I noticed in some previous threads that the GXP struts would work in the Seville and it got me to thinking about what else might fit. I would like to get conformation on the following.

Rear suspension:

The shocks from the GXP fit the Seville and are a bolt-on.

Do the GXP fit in the existing Seville spring location?

The GXP stabilizer bar is the same part number as the STS bar.

Is anything else required to make the rear the same as the GXP?

Front Suspension:

The Seville strut is slightly longer than the GXP however the GXP strut, spring and strut bearing can be swapped in as an assembly. Are the assemblies the same length?

Will the GXP front Stabilizer bar fit the Seville?

Will the GXP strut tower brace fit the Seville?

Basicly I am looking to get really close to the factory GXP handling and ride quality.

Thank for any help

John

I don't think these are easy questions to answer at all. One would require an incredible amount of knowledge of the two strut assemblies, I would suggest going to an aftermarket supplier to see if they can help..

Are the GXP struts electronic? Have you considered Boston or Arnott?

Please don't mistake my wish to have this stay on the first couple of pages as impatience or entitlement. I understand that these questions require one to have tried this before or know someone who knows the answer. I also understand that I may not get an answer. No harm in asking.

I beleive the struts to work based upon this thread.

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthrea...=struts+seville

The GXP struts are not electronic. They are passive monotube dampers. They have been recommended by Guru for high performance replacement (at least on the rear)

I have considered the boston, arnott, ACdelco, Monroe, and gabriel struts. My draw to the GXP equipment is that quite a bit of thought was spent putting the package together. This along with testing of the package produced a very good result. If all of the equipment is a simple bolt on then I will be way ahead of a collage of parts. In short with a system I get a good handling car as a no brainer. With a group of parts I picked off of the net I am not sure what I will get.

The only problem I have with your thinking is this. How does the weight difference between the two cars impact the struts ability to dampen properly or is the weight difference not that great?

What is the GXP are you talking about the Bonneville GXP? Maybe there is not much difference in weight between the two cars. I assume you would use the GXP strut assembly with spring?

Yeah, the Bonneville. The weight difference should be about 250lbs. Should react similar to having a heavy passenger.

Actually I was planning on trying to get everything on the list. Springs, struts, bars, rims, tires have to get it all or its a collection of parts.

John

hey,

yours is a 93 so there is no way it will work. If it will work in 98 and up as indicated on the other thread, it still won't work on yours because they are not compatible. I have a 94 sts and am planning on putting the passive struts of a 94 deville base model onto the sts. Apparently they bolt right up. Also, the design was changed again from 94 to 95 sts.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

ahhh, i got u, i read the whole thread but didn't seem to catch that u had a 99 like you said in the first sentence. haha.

well, let us know.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Archived