CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rear upper control arm bushing!!!!

I get a really bad wobble at around 75km/h and gets worse if I go faster.

I took it to the shop, just to see what it could be. Wow the rear drivers side wheel moves quite a bit. We detirmined the rear upper control arm bushing is gone! I called around, and the only thing available up here in Canada is a full control arm assembly for $900.00.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Life is too short to grow up!

Are you positive it's the upper control arm? Usually it's the knuckle that goes bad. You might get a little play if the control arm bushings are toast but you'll get quite a bit if it's the knuckle bushings. The rear knuckles are about $300 per side from Brasington (www.gmotors.com). Of course the upper control arm might be bad too but isn't nearly negatively effective as a worn knuckle. Hope that came out right..... just woke up.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

If you push and pull on the tire at the 12 and 6 o clock position and you can move it, I would agree with Scotty. You can jack it up and have a look at where the play is if it is at the top where the knuckle connects it is the knuckle. I just replaced both of mine on a 2000 eldorado

Archived