CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear knuckle update

I posted awhile back about my dealer telliing me my rear knuckles need replaced on my 2000 Eldorado at a cost of 1280.00.Well I finally replaced them this morning. After getting the proper parts from Brasington.They sent me the wrong ones the first time. kger2 you may find some comfort in that,The first set they qouted me and sent where 98.00 each when they found out they entered the wrong part no it ended up costing me 305.12 each. Well after about 3 hours I finished replacing them. And does it make a world of difference!! My car rides totally different, the ride is smoother, I can let go of the wheel and it stays straight even when going over bumps.600.00 well spent, like a new car. I was so impressed I left the Harley in the garage and drove the Caddy. And I have been dying to take the bike out for awhile but the weather has not been cooperitive lately.

Thanks for reporting back your experience, its good to know. I recall the price difference also, I think I commented on it. I am about to install my struts so I will see the knuckles first hand, I am getting a banging noise going over bumps, i hope it not knuckles (now that they are so much! $$$, :lol: )

Yes they are expensive, I really gave alot of thought on replacing them or not seeing the car has only 57,0000 miles on it. But once I took the old ones off and I could move the bushings around with just my fingers and then seeing the stiffness of the new bushings I'm glad I did. And then after driving the car I realize it was worth the money. When I bought the car in January it had 54000 on it and I would have never realized how nice the car should have handled and rode unless the dealer told me they needed replaced

caddypete,

Glad to hear that it was the knuckles. No more of the wandering rear end after hitting a pot hole and I'm sure it just feels "firm". I was nervous because it's not exactly an inexpensive shot in the dark and can't be diagnosed a 100%. And if I was wrong, when I did mine, I'd have to deal with trying to return them. I felt much more confident that it was the knuckle when Brasington and a local dealer both said that they sell a lot of knuckles but rarely any control arms. Thanks for posting the results. I'm sure it'll be helpful to others.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived