CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 SLS Tranny Problems...Need Tranny Expertise!

Gene

Hello

2 weeks ago i changed the PCM because of a PO25 Fault. The car was ok for a week! Here`s what going on now with the SLS....When i picked it up i first noticed that when putting the car in reverse it hit hard/harsh. Then when put into drive it hit very hard again but drove normal till warmed up aprox 10 minutes. While driving down my road almost to my house i thought it jumped out of gear but just as i looked it slammed back into gear and then seemed to freewheel if you were coasting down a grade. The Service Soon lite was on as soon as i started the car. When i stopped i pulled the following codes...PO39 History (TTC Engagement Problem),PO76 History (Transaxle Pressure Control Solenoid) and PO 86 Current (Undefined Gear Ratio). I cleared the codes and then drove more and the Service Soon lite stayed on. While driving in drive the car would act like you were placing it in neutral and back into drive constantly while driving. If you place the gearshift in 3 the transmission would start out in 2nd gear and not shift at all. At this time the only code was a PO86. Could the Transaxle Pressure Control Solenoid be bad or could the PCM be bad as the PCM controls the Transaxle Control Pressure Solenoid. Has anyone expirenced this problem? The SLS has 155K. The fluid is on the full mark.

Thanks

Gene

Gene,

Lots of codes would indicate that the PCM unit may be damaged or the connector harness is not contacting the PCM properly. Pull the PCM connector off and reconnect it - the problem seems too coincidental since the module was replaced, you ran for a week with no problems and then lots of tranny codes popped up!

Let us know what happens!

Well i swaped out the PCM with a known good one and the tranny was the same! So its the Transaxle Pressure Control Solenoid for sure! Does anyone know if it possible to remove the transaxle side cover to access the solenoid without dropping the engine/tranny cradle? Maybe pulling the drivers strut and just lowering one side of the cradle would work?

Thanks

Gene

Archived