CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The Ultimate Michelin Fan's Auto Part

JasonA

The misses and I were at Wal-Mart today to pick up a few items. Wiper blades were on my list for the Caravan. What did I see on my local Wal-Mart rack? Michelin brand wiper blades. Admittedly, I only bought them because they have the cool little Michelin Bibendum logo on the blade frames themselves. And they were only 6 bucks each, for 28" blades, which I thought was a decent deal. When I got them home and pulled them out, I'm most impressed with the blade frames. They're the thickest, heaviest frames I've ever seen. The black paint is THICK and glossy. And all the metal parts on the blade are suspended by black plastic bushings.

At this point, I don't even care how they actually wipe, because I'm satisfied with the standard Trico/Anco refills I currently buy, and it'd just take a few more bucks to load these with good rubber if'n these don't work well. It was raining tonight, so I'm going to wash the van tomorrow and clean the windshield good before installing these. We'll see how they work.

Just thought I'd pass this along for the Michelin fans out there besides myself. I may go back and pick up a pair for the Seville sometime soon.

Edit: looks like they're available at more retailers also, like Target. I just Googled this article: http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2004/06/24/200812.html

Edit[2]: they apparently also have a line of tire and auto care products out as well: http://www.petroferm.com/michelin/faq.htm#g2

I'll be looking for that stuff in a store near me!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Funny too because I was shopping for blades and I wasn't happy with what I was finding.

I'll be picking up a pair at the local Target soon. Thanks for the heads up!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Totally OT

But anyways...........

The Reflex Blades that Canadian Tire came out with just before Xmas are great.

They are all that there adds say.

And with a 1 year warranty you can get new ones wether needed or not before the next winter.

I'll be picking up a pair at the local Target soon. Thanks for the heads up!!

Beware of the price at Target (unless you don't have a Wal-Mart nearby)! I went to Target today to see if they had any of the Michelin tire care stuff (they didn't), and the price for the blades was almost double! They were about $6 each at Wal-Mart and they were almost $10 each at Target.

Beware of the price at Target (unless you don't have a Wal-Mart nearby)! I went to Target today to see if they had any of the Michelin tire care stuff (they didn't), and the price for the blades was almost double! They were about $6 each at Wal-Mart and they were almost $10 each at Target.

Thats it ?? Only 10 bucks ??

Canadian Tire up here; they're up to and over $20 a piece depending on the size.

All wipers are preety much in that price range here though. So finding a good brand that costs the same as the crap is OK.

At Wal-Mart, they're only 6 ea. $12 for new frames and blades is a good deal. And so far they work great. I've driven through a few rainstorms and have had no complaints so far. Unfortunately, I haven't found any refills from them, so when these wear out, I guess I'll refill 'em with Trico rubber.

Archived