CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

IPC Override of Option C & D

Dloch

I'm trying to override the option data in C (S03) and D (S04) the problem I am having is getting the IPC/PCM to accept and save the new value.

I have a 97 STS which has an Analog Dash. The sevice manual says to hold the A/C and frt defrost buttons until the override value flashes, I get no flash. If I move to the next option and return to the one I just overrode it has reverted back to the existing value.

I have done an override in the past, Option E (S05) where I added Coolant Temp I believe. At the time I had trouble getting the override value to accept then also but evidently it did at some point because I got the results I wanted.

What I am doing is going into vehicle diagnostic mode, after the light up of all the dash lights and PCM shows up I press the fan switch down to stop the cycling through of all the systems. I then go to IPC and press the fan down swtich until I get to IPC override and then press the fan button up until I get to the option I want to change and the use the passenger warmer and cooler switch/button to get the option data value to the one I want, the this case I want to change the value of option C from 160 to 32 to drop the RSS present since I have changed all the shocks and I want to change option D from 8 to 136 to enable afterblow.

As I said after I have made the change and hold the A/C and frt defrost buttons I get no flash at which point the changes aren't accepted.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Dennis

Dennis

I may be wrong but with OBDII you can not override any settings, Mike

Yes - you can override settings with OBD2. I used the overrides to display the speed and coolant temperature on the DIC of my '96 Seville.

I don't think you can disable the RSS suspension message with the overrides though.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I may be wrong but with OBDII you can not override any settings, Mike

Yes - you can override settings with OBD2. I used the overrides to display the speed and coolant temperature on the DIC of my '96 Seville.

I don't think you can disable the RSS suspension message with the overrides though.

That's good to know, thanks

For Option C (IP S03) The values are;

RSS Present 128

"Premium Unleaded Fuel Only" Message Suppression 64

Always Add 32 Which has to do with the daylight running lights

Cellular Phone Present 16

BTSI Message Suppression 4

LOW FUEL LEVEL Message Suppresion 1

The current value is 160, which is RSS Present 128 and 32 for the Daylight Running. I want to drop the RSS present, 128 which leaves 32.

For Option D (IP S04) the values are;

Afterblow (HVAC Option) 128

Dual Zone (HVAC Option) 8

The current value is 8, I want to add the afterblow, 128 which would make the new value 136.

Guru with my dash, the analog IPC/dash, I don't have an Auto/Econ button.

Dennis

Dennis

:blink: ..... DUH

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was pressing the REAR defrost and A/C Buttons... :huh:

After pushing the correct buttons the new value did flash and was accepted.

As a test when I get a chance I will unconnect one of the shocks to see if I get the service suspension message and report back.

Dennis

• 3 years later...

I was searching, & came across this one. Is it true that the message can be suppressed? I recall people wireing in a resistor to solve this. I'm sure changeing an option on the dash would be easier for them. I don't have the problem, so I cannot verify it. I wish people would close up their questions

Archived