CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

p013

I just baught myself another 1994 Deville 4.9liter, and it needs some work. First of all what is a p013 code? Also my gas door and power mirrors don't work. Oh I know I am in for a treat with this one. Oh yeah and the trunk doesn't pull shut?

Anyway glad to be back in the Caddyinfo.com family again!

Life is too short to grow up!

If both mirrors don't work, I would check the control switch and its wiring first. I replaced my control switch about a year ago and, as I remember, the dealer's price for the switch was about $35 (not bad).

Trunk pull-down mechanisms often get broken if the trunk lid is slammed shut. I bought a replacement in a junk yard for $95.

The gas door solenoid (or its push-button) can probably be purchased for similar prices.

These items aren't hard to replace - in fact, I kind of enjoy doing this type of minor repairs. It sure makes a Cadillac much more enjoyable when all this little stuff works!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Oh yeah and the trunk doesn't pull shut?

Check the switch on the trunk lid latch - often it gets broken when people slam the trunk shut. It is about $15 at the dealer.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

As a PS to my post above, it's possible that all those electrical problems are the result of a blown fuse. I would check that first. Of course if a fuse is blown, there is probably a reason, but I'd look into it before I started buying all kinds of replacement parts.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived