CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

need help with a car

I brothers 93 cadillac deville doesnt want to start on it's own. It's need to be jumped by cables everytime to start it...he already replaced the alternator and battery....I also pulled these codes

P022 (E022) .................................................. Open TPS Signal [VCC]

P027 (E027) ............................................ Open throttle signal switch

P039 (E039) ..... Torque Coverter Clutch/Viscous Converter Clutch Engagement Problem

P052 (E052) ....................................................... PCM Memory Reset

P055 (E055) ............................... Closed Throttle Angle Out of Range [TPS]

P070 (E070) ................................................ Intermittent TPS Signal

anyone knows what else to check or replace....

parasitic drain is when electrical items still draw current after the car is turned off, things like an alarm, amplifier, lights that don't turn off items left charging from the cigarette lighter. The way to check it is put a meter inbetween the battery positive post and the battery cable and see if there is current running with everything in the car off.

I know you say the cables are good and tight, but on that car (I have one too) the cables go to a stud in the box above the A/C blower and then continue on inside. Make sure ALL connections (Including the grounds!! Engine and Body) are clean and tight. The most common problems with these cars electrically can be attributed to bad grounds (No Charge included). Is the alternator an OEM Delco ?

It sounds to me like the battery isn't getting a charge somehow.

BTW: i didn't ask, what does the car do ? Does it crank and not fire up by itself or it won't crank?

well he does have a system hooked up to it....it might be that....I'll check and see. ...but no it won't crank at all...I mean it will start a few times but if i have it there all night then the next day it wont start...

Disconnect the battery cables and check the terminals for corrosion.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

...but no it won't crank at all...I mean it will start a few times but if i have it there all night then the next day it wont start...

I understand the above quote to mean the car will start a time or two after it has been shut off but if it sits for a while (overnight) then it won't crank.

If this is true, I would suspect that the battery, battery cables, alternator, and starter motor all are OK (it will start a time or two after it has been shut off).

BUT

Something is draining the battery when the car is shut off (if it sits for a while (overnight) then it won't crank).

You might try running it long enought to get the battery charged up then shut it off and disconnect the battery grounding cable and let it sit overnight. If it fires up in the morning, you'll know something is draining the battery.

I hope this helps, Good Luck.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived