CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front end squeek

Given that this is a 92 it could be anything. You really need to do a full inspection of the entire front end, your symptom is too broad to diagnose. It could be:

Control Arm Bushings

Struts

ball joints

Strut Mount

Stabilizer bar bushing

Strut Rod Bushings

Needing a grease job

or Mechanical interference

It is unlikely that you would get a squeak from a tie-rod or the stabilizer links.

'99 (60k miles) not a '92. does that change anything?

been through the clunking sway bar bushing AND the clunking strut on my '92.

didn't know there was anything to grease on the front end. guess i'll have to crawl underneath for a look see.

'99 (60k miles) not a '92. does that change anything?

been through the clunking sway bar bushing AND the clunking strut on my '92.

didn't know there was anything to grease on the front end. guess i'll have to crawl underneath for a look see.

Unless they changed something with your 99, you should have grease zirks on your lower ball joints and tie-rods, 4 total... If they have not been greased I would look toward the ball joints for the noise. Assuming you have strut rod bushings I would look to them or I would inspect my lower control arm bushings, if you have a wishbone lower control arm with dual inner connection points. When you are driving over washboard types of bumps do they radiate into the car, can you hear them and feel them?

If yes, you might want to look at your stabilizer bar bushings but I don't think they would squeak.. Get it greased it might quiet down

No zerk fittings on the front end of '98 - '04 Sevilles. Noise likely from sway bar links and bushings and / or struts. Selectively wet them down one at a time and try your speed bump test again.

Control arm bushings are a space age material and 'should' last the life of the car. But as soon as I say that, someone will have a tale about replacing them.....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

• 2 weeks later...

going back to history a squeek in the front end usually means a bad ball joint i dont know if u can grease them on your car if u can it will help but the squeek will come back until the ball joint is replaced just a thought good luck

I have the same problem, only on the STS, worse when the weather is hot. The dealer can't find the squeek. It sounds like a rubber to metal type of squeek. I was going to get under and use some WD40 on the bushings. Havn't had time yet. Would sure like to find it. :(

post-3-1117382424_thumb.jpg

Archived