CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Killed Deers Update

adallak

How many deer or other animals we killed  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How many deer or other animals we killed

• >5

I killed 5 lol Not just me my dad and me i hit 2 my dad hit 3 and all times i was in the car!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

• 1 month later...

I hit a skunk in Northern Ontario in 1982. I was on a blind curve at night going far too fast to react to anything like that. Man it made a mess on the underside of the car. I stopped at the first u-spray wash I found and it took about 2 hours before it was bearable to drive. I was told that even though it sounds cruel, one should not make huge evasive manouvers to avoid animals as you can spin, roll or crash your car easily by oversteering at speed.

The funniest thing I ever hit was frogs. Again in Northern Ontario on a dark quiet road at about midnight. Cool and damp just following a rain... hundreds hopping all over the road and an eerie little thud for each casualty. Washed off easy though...

I did have a buck take a good look at my old Buick once. I was on the same road as the frog incident and he was running in the ditch parallel to me and darted into the bush rather than into my path... phew.

The previous owner of my caddy hit a deer and did big damage to the front end. It involved replacing the hood, the left front fender, front bumper and crossmember, grill, rad and both light assemblies as well as the windshield. He hit the 250 pounder at about 80 kmh (50mph) and was lucky to live. He said the caddy saved his life.

MP

I have had cars with anti lock brakes and cars with out, it's just lots of luck and a little skill that I have been able to avoid hitting any animals in my life time. I drove professionally for many years delivering heavy equipment to and never hit any thing. You know now on my way home today something will jump out in front of me, that's the way this works!! All Kidding aside now because this is very serious. Weeks back there was that jet that roared accross the hi way at Teterboro Airport. I just missed hitting that. I stomped the brakes down as it came accross and witnessed it crushing one car and then I ran over all sorts of debrie as I watched it go through the warehouse wall. There is just so much inside to say but I refuse to go into more. It was so close, if I had not stoped to do something for my dog on the way to work that extra 8 seconds would have put me right in front of it. I wouldent have needed an engine...

Archived