CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OffTopic: Skype

Marika

http://www.skype.com (The same folks who invented Napster, have done it again!)

At this site you can download a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) program that's probably the best out there, better than the VOIP services offered by companies like Vonage.

Skype to Skype calls are always free. There's also the option of making calls from Skype to traditional landline phones for about 2 cents a minute, and you can buy a traditional telephone number with voice mail that will ring at your computer for about $48 for the YEAR. Well worth the $$$ and the sound quality is awesome. I run the program on Windows 98SE and Windows ME at work, so even though the website says it's for more recently versions of Windows, it will run fine on the older versions as well.

I'm girlperson1 on Skype. If anyone else gets the program, let me know your Skype name and we can chat live.

Also, if you don't have Skype, you can reach my computer at 1 201 399 2257 (New Jersey) or +44 020 7870 2258 (London UK).

Cheers!! :D

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I works great on a Mac also. I use it to talk with my house in Acapulco, and with my office here when I'm down there.

There's also standard VOIP providers like packet 8 - it uses a modem which you hook to a dsl router along with the 'puter, and it hooks to a regular phone - and you can use it worldwide. So, to call my house in Acapulco, I dial a 323 prefix and the number - and - it rings down there - and I can dial the USA from there, and there's no extra charge for the call. 1000 minutes a month for 20 bux or thereabouts - AND, the cool thing is, the taxes are minimal - you don't have to send 35% of your phone bill to our National Disgrace for his use in imperialist and other anti-human causes!

I have been using it for at least a year. I found it handy to make cheap phone calls from my hotel when I was on business trips. I also use it to make phone calls with my brother in South Korea. Now you can purchase a number so that someone on the POTS (plain old telephone system) can call the computer you are running skype from.

It works great and no spyware.

I am maydog on skype as well.

Hmmm....reminds me of Net2Phone..hehe.

I hope it's doesn't remind you of Net2Phone.

Skype is a million times better.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived