CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C Low pressure

My wifes 95 ETC is having a little A/C problem. The information display says " A/C Compressor off, Low refigerant pressure." I am tring to recharge the system but can not get the the compressor to turn on. Everytime I turn the A/C on the system shuts it down due to low pressure. Does anybody know how to by-pass the auto shutdown. I need the compressor to be running in order to recharge the system.

Thanks

Have the can all hooked up and ready to go. Clear the codes. Then turn on the A/C. Codes must be cleard to enable the compressor and it will take in a can before it trips off again. You might need an assistant to hold the can upside down while you clear codes and turn the A/C on.

Thanks!! Is there a better way to clear the codes than disconnecting the battery? I thought it could be done from the information center.

You can clear the codes via the climate control panel but in this case, as soon as you do, it will set again.

Disconnect the negative battery terminal, hook up the refrigeraqnt and burp the air from the charging hose and then reconnect the battery terminal. When you start the car, the climate control defaults to AUTO and the system will pull in the refrigerant before the code sets.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks for all the help! Once again caddyinfo came through. KHE was right you have to disconnect the neg terminal in order to get the A/C to reset. Clearing the codes does not work through the DIC. My wife is now happy and cool.

Thanks to you all.

Archived