CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC Changes on Acceleration

Scotty

I am about 80% sure that my AC vent position is changing on acceleration. When I let off the gas the AC upper vents come back strong again.. It doesn't seem to happen everytime.

I know this subject has been covered before and it has something to do with a vacuum check-valve but I did a search and couldn't find it.. Anyone experience this and what's the fix, Thanks, Mike

Find the vacuum line feed to the HVAC where it goes thru the firewall. Inside the engine compartment it should be fed off of a vaccum reservour that is fed by engine vacuum with a one way check valve. It sounds like the check valve is leaking/failed or the reservoir is not holding the vacuum so that you loose vacuum to the HVAC under load when the vacuum goes low at heavy throttle. I think the vaccum reservoir is under the battery tray but I am not sure. Just follow the vacuum lines and you should find the check valve the the tee to the HVAC feed that would/should be between the reservoir and the check valve.

thanks Guru, the vacuum reservour is behind my pass side bumper I posted a photo below. Since its intermittant right now I can imagine that the check valve is beginning to fail.. I will seek it out and replace it... Thanks for the help, Mike

post-3-1116037688_thumb.jpg

Archived