CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caption the photo **CONTEST**

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A middle-age couple's conversation...

OK then Honey :angry:

...I won't tell you how you look with stretch pants and midriff showing - so you won't tell me how the car looks with the new antenna, fuzzy dice and doggie in the window...

is it a deal? :(

but I agree that up2ng nailed it...

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Caddilac edge styling. Think I'll throw it a curve. Next comes the houd's tooth plastic roof. May be some mirror tint too. That car be grooving. Give me some gas to pass. I'm gone.

The below responses are to cardio-doc after he modified his new STS after trading in the Crown Vic PI.

Response #1) Cardio-Doc, What is the hell were you thinking with that modification? Cad1

Response #2) Man, I need to get me one of those, what is the seat of the pants feel with that mod? What's your 1/4 mile? 1989CivicDriverw/AutoTransmission and all plastic interior (call me)

Response #3) Go back to Ford, GM's in enough trouble as it is. FMC_CEO

Response #4) Might as well throw a CB antenna on that puppy, white-walled BFG's, cutout, flowmaster and tow a trailer with a dirt bike on it. Now I see where you're going with it, you dig my car!!! Cad1

92 Deville w/210k miles

Doc,

Would you mind giving your thoughts on the Vic since you have had it. At some point I'm going rear wheel and would be interested in your thoughts since I don't know much about fords.

92 Deville w/210k miles

"Batteries sold seperatly"

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Lots of good entries, and thanks to everyone for playing. Judging on these is completely arbitrary and subjective, not to mention enjoyable but difficult.

post-3-1115947635.jpg

Honorable mention goes to these entries:

"i'll be able to hit 170mph now"-Man driving the STS with gold chains around his neck -- Cadillac STS

"... and already equipped with a 32 valve Northstar, the new STS-TV has no need to bow down to it's CTS-V sibbling." -- poopdeville

and the :D winner is:

"You laugh now Elanor, but we'll never miss an episode of Matlock again ! " -- 97LDough

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Good pick Bruce - late entry but a scream. 97LDough - e-mail me at docardio@lycos.com with address to send the cap.

Thanks all for entering - great laughs all-around.

~Doc

There were some great ones in there. No bias here Double H, but I liked yours the most. I know Bruce is the judge but...what the hell...Give yourself a hubcap.. :lol:;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Doc,

Would you mind giving your thoughts on the Vic since you have had it. At some point I'm going rear wheel and would be interested in your thoughts since I don't know much about fords.

I know you asked 'Doc specifically, but I'll give you some input too. We had a '92, the first year for the aero body style. It was also the first year for the 4.6L engine. It was a wonderful car. Very quiet, well isolated from the road. It had air springs in the rear to level the ride height. That SOHC 4.6L engine is a great engine. Quiet and smooth. The AOD transmission also worked well, although I think we did have ours rebuilt at around 100k miles. Fuel economy was surprisingly good (as it is with Northstars). I think we got between 24-26 mpg on the road in that big'un.

I wouldn't hesitate to have another Crown Vic. I love those cars.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

About the 'Vic....

Bought used during hard times as transportation and really fell for it. This was about 3 years ago. In that time I've COMPLETELY gone over it mechanically and cosmetically and made it identical to a 2002. For starters it is really a "P71" Police Interceptor which is what Ford calls the model, not Crown Victoria. It has a different frame than a 'civilian' Vic along with a whole bunch of other different parts - including 3 different coolers for the trans, power steering and I forget the third. People have a misconception that PI's have 'faster' motors or even different transmissions than their civilian counterparts - they do not. The tailhousing on the transmission is longer to facilitate a shorter driveshaft - desirable for extended high-speed driving (ie pursuits). Does have a different computer program - kind of neat to see the revs kick up 500rpm's in Neutral or Park (for extended idling). FYI - my car gets 16 to 16.5mpg in combined city/highway driving which we have alot of here in South Florida, but keep in mind that I drive about 80 to 85 on the highway.

I've also driven the civilian 'Vic - happened to be the same year as my PI. It drives much, much differently. I guess if you're into luxury or a real 'comfort' ride then the civilian 'Vic is the way to go, but I really like to feel the road and the civilian 'Vic feels like a beached wheel. Handling? It's rear feels like it's hanging out all over the place. I've upgraded my PI with the later (03) springs and a set of Bilstein HD shocks (made by Bilstein just for the Police Interceptor) and it handles very firm, crisp.

My single favorite thing about this car is a combination of the fact that I own it (and fairly cheap IMO at that) and that I completely and utterly 'trust' it. The design is quite hearty and when I go to sell it this summer, I will describe it as mechanically BULLETPROOF which is a bit of a gloat (nervous to say) but it's how I feel. Granted, I know this car intimately as only a private-owner/enthusiast can after 3 years, but I also know the design and follow the boards online about what does go wrong on these cars and generally when it does, and how to avoid it. I've been fanatical about maintenance and changed many, many parts - some before their time.

I do like that other people drive better when they are around me but of course I do not pretend to be a cop. Frankly it gets annoying at times, such as when I'm on a 2-lane behind somebody and they are doing 1mph under the speed limit in an area people usually go 10mph over. And for some reason - the cops started hassling me alot just recently. Never had an issue the first 2 1/2 years but I've had 3 'problems' with cops lately - nothing serious that respect (aka as*-kissing) couldn't alleviate. The Police Interceptor continues unchanged for 2006. Given how clean this car is - most believe it to be a real-late model Supervisor's car.

When buying a used "Vomit Comet" (aka ex-police car), you must must must inspect it before purchase. Do not hop on eBay and buy blind. EXPECT to repair/replace alot of wear items, including most front end-parts (pitman arm, all idler arms, stabilizer bar, control arms, all grommets, bushings, etc) otherwise you'll have a creaking beast that doesn't hold a straight-line. Oh, and the seats in these are the worst IMO. They aren't good the day they rolled out of the factory and DO NOT improve with time/use. What cops do to the driver's seat, is basically destroy it. Given that a daily-driver is NOT the mental fantasy nor pictures of your car, but truly your butt in the seat driving every day - this is an issue. My car has completely different (sport) seats installed in the front, and frankly they make the car.

Keep in mind that I'm a car enthusiast and this has been my main ride/trusty stead for the better part of 3 years now. I could write volumes about this car. For sale this summer at $5500.

regards,

~Doc

post-3-1117115184_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jason and Doc,

Very interesting reads. Now I know why people slow for that car, for some reason I thought it was black on black when you mentioned it years ago. The caddy still has plenty of life in her but I like to research a bunch of different possiblities before hand; I think most car junkies can relate. I like the Lincoln Town Car in Black and some of the 60's caddys along with a bunch of muscle cars.

"'Vic feels like a beached wheel." - say what?

92 Deville w/210k miles

Archived