CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Another (relatively minor) milestone achieved

JasonA

The car turned 144,000 miles today. I've owned a vehicle with more miles than this before, but not in such good shape. It seems like every thousand miles is a milestone to me now...not because I expect it to quit anytime soon...but because I'm continually amazed at how well the whole car has held up over the last 8 years. The chrome on the wheels still looks like new. The paint finish is so deep and lustrous that I'd expect it to be 8 months old, rather than years. The leather on the inside, except for some slight wear on the steering wheel and shifter, feels like it has a hundred thousand miles fewer than it does.

There are things that will need replacing soon...like the original struts and shocks. If I were made of money, I wouldn't mind replacing ALL of the suspension bushings too. But still, the ride is tight and rattle-free. The engine is strong and the transmission flawless. This car is a wonderful example of great Detroit engineering and manufacturing.

By the way (can I plug the Powerstop rotors again?), in another few thousand miles, I'll have SIXTY THOUSAND miles on the unturned Powerstops and Bendix HD brake pads. When our Caravan needs rotors next, I'll be putting on a set of Powerstops.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I love the emblem that surrounds the keyhold on the decklid. "Cadillac Motor Car Division" I think it says. No more do auto makers spell out their long and prestigious name on the vehicle like that. It's all the little details like that that draw me to Cadillac.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived