CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

RECALL, finally

Well, I finally got the fuel rail replacement recall in the mail Saturday. Are they a day late, or am I a dollar short?

And yes, I DID buy a fire extinguisher.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Did you get the fuel rail directly from GM?...If so how did aquire it? I need to take my car in for the recall but would rather service it myself...that is if GM will send me the fuel rail.

A.J.

acklac7,

I seriously doubt that GM will give you the fuel rail kit to install yourself. Their liability would not allow that. They would probably sell you the kit. But they will insist that they do the install on the free kit..

What I would do is to have a friendly chat with the service manager and hopefully the mechanic that will do the install. Show them that you have no codes and that the engine is now running properly. And that you expect it to still run properly after the work is complete. If they damage the ignition wires in the course of this repair, then you will expect them to repair them at no charge. You may want to take some of the complaints registered by members of this board to show the service department. It could be informative for them.

Remind them that even though warranty work is done on a flat rate, comebacks do not generate income and cause hard feelings.

Britt

Britt

lol...geez Im dumb....should have known Warren was talking about the notice, not the fuel rail itself....duh....Guess it was wishful thinking :)...Anyway when I do take it In I already have planned to have a nice "look man don't screw with my car" (in so many words) conversation with the svc. Manager. Unfortunately "Billy Bob's" Lexus,Mercedes,Kia,Honda,GM,FORD!,Saturn,Jeep decided to buy the only reputable Cadillac dealership left in Columbus. Im not familar with the car business, but typically takeover's are synonymous with changes in management. And when good managers go, employees go with them....

Anything besides the ignition wires I should watch out for?

A.J.

I seriously doubt that they will guarantee the wires. It is just a fact of life that moving old wires around may cause them to go bad. Just be aware of it and be prepared to replace them if you develope a mis later.

i also received my recall for the fuel rail yesterday, called dealer this morning and the car (97 sts) is going in next tuesday for the repair. i have never dealt whith this dealership before and i can only hope things go well. i have always worked on my own cars because of not being able to trust dealerships or garages with my cars. i will post the results next week.

What year Cadillac are you discussing? does this recall affect all Northstar Cadillacs?

Caddyjohn....93 STS...213,000..rolling along strong on Mobil 1 10w30 with a Mobil 1 filter..

'95 - '97 ........ so far.

Archived