CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

4.9L Flowmaster Muffler Sound Videos!

AaronM

Hi!

A friend and I decided to go take some videos of my car. The quality is not the best since we used the video function on a still camera. My car is a 1992 Cadillac STS with the 4.9L engine. The muffler is a Flowermaster 80 series.

Enjoy!

Acceleration from back-Friend Driving

Acceleration from front-Friend Driving

Inside-Me driving

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Not bad has a gnarly note to it, car looks real nice too. Borderline on loudness for me.

I wonder what they would sound like on a Northstar?

Most of my driving is 65+ MPH.

Do you get much drone at steady speeds?

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Thanks for the comment! There is no drone at all. I don't even notice it unless I romp on it! I love it!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

If I get a chance, I will do a video of it at highway speeds. It is silent :D, until I get bored and slam on it again B).

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

That's it, I'm sold. I'v been talking about new mufflers at work and a few buddys have told me to check out Flow Masters. The movie you have from the back is great. I played it like 10 times. Thanks for the effort. I have a 93 Seville, 4.9L I did not know they made a SLS in 93. I thought it was only a Seville then in 94 they made the SLS. I wish mine was the SLS.

Not bad has a gnarly note to it, car looks real nice too. Borderline on loudness for me.

-George

I have a couple of clips with my 93 STS 4.6L Northstar equipped with Flowmaster Delta Series 50 street performance mufflers. I need to find a way to post these for everyone as I was impressed with the sound the put out. It can be deceiving when you drive and cannot fully appreciate the sound from the outside.

Not bad has a gnarly note to it, car looks real nice too.  Borderline on loudness for me.

-George

I have a couple of clips with my 93 STS 4.6L Northstar equipped with Flowmaster Delta Series 50 street performance mufflers. I need to find a way to post these for everyone as I was impressed with the sound the put out. It can be deceiving when you drive and cannot fully appreciate the sound from the outside.

If you would like, mail them to me and I will post them for you.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Nice sound, have you seen my videos at the track? www.adumbrecords.com/hosting it shows my 96 STS kicking some tail at the 1/4 mile.

Gus

Thanks :D ! I paid around $70 for the muffler from Summit and $50 for installation. I plan on doing some 0-60 tests and see if there is any improvement over stock times. I don't have any original times to compare them to though <_<. I hope to beat the stock 8.1 0-60!

Have a great day! :P

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

I want to hear it! I want to hear it!

The sound clips won't work for me...I just get a little picture of the blue Q in the screen.

What can I do?

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I want to hear it! I want to hear it!

The sound clips won't work for me...I just get a little picture of the blue Q in the screen.

What can I do?

Right click, Save Target as...

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Wow, sounds great Aaron! I have a hole developing in my passenger-side muffler and might go with a new set of Flowmasters.

So you say $120 USD each installed eh?

-Chris

The 4.9L engine has a single crossflow muffler. So, I don't think you could put one on a Northstar because the Northstar setup has two mufflers.

Have a great day!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

I had a fun day today! I was driving home from school and this guy who was probably in his sixties comes next to me at a stop light with a red DTS. The light turned greeb and I give it a little gas on acceleration. At the next light he looks over at me with a huge grin. I gave him a thumbs up, haha. I love this car! Although, I would love it even more if it had a N*!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Aaron, hahha that is awesome!

I love the one from behind the Caddy!

After that I will definetley post a few vids in a week or two!

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

That sounds incredible. I have never heard the 4.9 sound so mean, my 91 with its single cross mounted muffler sounded very throaty and limp :lol: , if I had of only known....very nice

Aaron,

I remember when you said you wanted the flowmaster and nearly everyone opposed (that's putting it nicely). I dig mine too! I can't run mov's though.

I had vid's somewhere on here doing burnouts where you get a taste of my exhaust, maybe you saw them.

Cad1

92 Deville w/210k miles

Nope, I have the windows one that plays mpg's and avi's. I guess I need to download quicktime.

Yes I did last night and that was the only way I could watch these MOV files, if you have a good MP3 player and video player don't let quicktime be the default player.. Mike

Hey Aaron, that sounds awesome! :P It is a lot more raspy sounding than any 4.9 that I have ever heard in person. Very nice car too! ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived