CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 deville

hello, my caddy is making a noise , like rattleing coming from what seems like the front left wheel, when i press on the brakes, i hear it, or turn the coner, like it is whobble, or grinding on something. also, when turning, its a noise, like somthing is loose, or needs lubing. can some one please help me with some idea of what this could be, i just got ripped off from the dealer, on a tranny. i dont want this to happen again. i have a trip coming up real fast, and need my caddy running perfect. any ideas wil be highly appreciated!!! so as to know if i can take it to a wheel machanic, or back to the dealer :( thankyou again, sweet caddy ps/ its a 2000 deville 4.6 northstar with 93, 000 miles

Jack up the wheel and grab it at 3 and 9 o'clock and see if you have any play. It sounds like a hub bearing. But your description is very broad, it could also be a brake pad / rotor problem (metal on metal). How is it at highway speeds are you getting a shimmy or groan?

Have you checked the brake pads? If they are the original pads and you have 90,000+ on the odometer, there might not be anything left of the pads except for the metal backing plate....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

thanks for responding guys, i just finished takeing the tires off, roters look fine, didnt hear the noise either, but it seems as though there is a slight vibratiion on the gas peddle, and a little clunk in the steering wheel when i turn it back and forth.??? what do you think???? allso, is there suppose to be grease or some type of lube where the arms are? thankyou very much again! ill be waiting for a reply :rolleyes: sweet caddy ps/ should i take it to the dealer, or brake alignment shop?

I think there is a bulletin on greasing the intermediate steering column shaft.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived