CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

C1228 MIL...Anyone know why?

Just in the last day, when I go over a "washboard" type road this ABS/Traction Control fault occurs. When I turn the car off and back on it moves to history. I know the code has to do with the right rear wheel speed, but what would cause this condition? Anyone?

Thanks,

Dave

As the wheel spins, the wheel speed sensor produces an AC signal. The electronic brake control module (EBCM) uses the frequency of the AC signal to calculate the wheel speed.

Conditions for Running the DTC

DTCs C1232-C1235 are not set.

The brake pedal is not pressed.

The ABS is not active.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The EBCM detects a rapid variation in the wheel speed. The wheel speed changes by 16 km/h (10 mph) or more in 0.01 second. The change must occur 3 times with no more than 0.2 seconds between occurrences.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

If equipped, the following actions occur:

The EBCM disables the ABS/TCS/VSES for the duration of the ignition cycle.

The DRP does not function optimally.

The ABS indicator turns ON.

The TRACTION CONTROL indicator turns ON.

The DIC displays the SERVICE STABILITY SYS message.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

The condition for the DTC is no longer present and the DTC is cleared with a scan tool.

The EBCM automatically clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 100 consecutive drive cycles.

Diagnostic Aids

A possible cause of this DTC is electrical noise on the wheel speed sensor harness wiring. Electrical noise could result from the wheel speed sensor wires being routed to close to high energy ignition system components, such as spark plug wires.

Archived